Fix For Majestic Q400

kiwi stu

Thought I would post this fix,as i feel there are probably many people out there that are having issues with the Q400
So last night i spent 3 hours trolling through the Majestic forums...and many people have/had the same problem as me.
As per usual a miriad of answers were put forward..so armed with all these fixes i got into it. 
For me i got it first time so i was in luck.
First of all...i have the latest version of Opus and never fly with it not operating.
So i cranked up the sim..but didnt open opus..took off...and it was perfect..no stuttering just rock solid.
next i started up opus..took off,,and all the stuttering and wallowing was back. 
then i opened opus again..went into the camera settings and disabled the DHM.. and that is the gem..rock solid again
so anyone with opus..you can run opus..but if you are having the stuttering issue..just disable DHM and you are cooking with gas.
means you will not have turbulance though...as the DHM controls this in opus.
Also most people on the forum said to save the Q400 and use it for you default flight..which i have also done.
So at last i can fly the damn thing and enjoy it.
Another fix that seemed popular was..when you take off..hit Y(slew) and then Y again to disable slew,and that fixed some guys.
So..if you have opus try it..it worked for me.
Hope this helps and works for everyone.
Cheer Stu
CMN5W.jpg

uZkvD.jpg

U9AQ4.jpg

PUi5x.jpg

Thanks for doing the legwork on this one!

The SLEW thing worked for me.

I'm surprised some people suggested putting the Dash-8 as the default aircraft - as starting with any aircraft other than a standard FSX default one is known to introduce all sorts of problems (battery state etc.) when loading a different aircraft after the Dash. Particularly dangerous if using these "advanced" models (like the Dash) where the FDE is injected from outside FSX.

I really didn't want to disable the DHM effects in OPUS. Like you, I always fly with OPUS - and always with DHM enabled (as it's so good).

Many thanks!

Adam.

Great shots Stu and I am glad it worked out for you!!

Many of the fixes came from users on the majestic forums! You probably have seen many threads I started there lol

Regarding turbulence, in the training workshop I learned that the Q400 is programmed to have some turbulence even if FSX is set to clear skies

Regarding the slew what does it fix exactly?

Great shots Stu and I am glad it worked out for you!!

Many of the fixes came from users on the majestic forums! You probably have seen many threads I started there lol

Regarding turbulence, in the training workshop I learned that the Q400 is programmed to have some turbulence even if FSX is set to clear skies

Regarding the slew what does it fix exactly?

Archived