A2A C172 in V2

Capnsully

Got it in using the Estonian tool, works real well here in Iceland, but the frames do tank in more complex scenery like NYC. Even here I'm struggling to get 22. Love the shadowing as it hits the controls and the canopy, amazing. I'm only using shadows for the cockpit, nowhere else or it starts stuttering every now and then

6ysok.jpg

hk3u4.jpg

7pqR9.jpg

DPC8b.jpg

Great to see more v2 shots, cant understand why your frames are low, did you try clicking the mouse in the active window. If you go into the menu for anything, when you come out make sure you click inside the p3d window, apparently when you click in the menues it treats the p3d window as the secondary till you click back in it, also try deleting your config and letting it rebuild, if youve changed videodrivers or been adding stuff thats not fully compatable, you might want to delete your shaders you can find them in

Username/appdata/LM/P3D

Delete the whole folder and the sim will rebuild them from scratch, thats whars happening when you change views for the first time etc and you see stuff slowly loading. I had this in beta testing .

Cheers

And thanks to Ken, I deleted the shaders, that helped a bit. 

As this A2A plane isn't officially supported in V2, there's some bugs in it, like when you try to maximise the window, it freezes the whole sim. But I'd already heard of the Aero trick, so it's already in that mode anyway.

I've since heard tips to activate the triple buffering (looks better now) and a weird one, but it definitely works! - Rather than set frames at 30, make it 33, it runs much more consistently at 30 now, even getting 28s around NYC!

Excellent shots...

The more I see of Prepar3d v 2 it is becoming apparent that a graphics card update is the one that does it...In FSX it was the CPU.

It is looking like a minimum of a 780 to get the best...If a Titan is within budget then I think that will give wriggle room and some future updating.

I'm still holding my breath: we will want to try some "heavy" third party addon (i.e.: complex tubeliner) before the celebration begins.

The old programmer in me says that the guys at LM have given this sim a totally new balance in resource management, and we still have to see what this means with complex addons. I am referring to complex aircraft especially.

Is any1 experimenting in this direction?

Umpf.... got an OOM afer just 10 minutes of flight with my AA172. I was trying a short hop from Catania to Reggio Calabria with FTX Global. Everything was nice and smooth (the AffinityMask = 14 actually works, with frames locked at 36 and triple buffering). Simmer's paradise. 

Then, suddenly, OOM and end of game.

This is getting frustrating.

Archived