Still more from the DX10 hangar

Adam Banks

Thanks for the kind comments, folks - though I wonder whether I need more encouragement (my poor hard drive!) :lol:

note: this post has been mildly affected by a fine single malt whisky :) :) :)

What - just one? Don't stop now! I love your avatar. Good old Captain Pugwash, Master Bates and Seaman Staines ;)

stunning shots Adam..What are your water settings?

Arrrgh - I was hoping nobody would ask that! The reason for some of these "water based" screenies of mine lately is that I've been tinkering with them to get them looking good in DX10. They're created in FEX - if anyone has that and wants the complete settings, then please shout and I'll put them up here. I also changed some of the water parameters in DX10 Fixer to tone down the reflectivity a bit. I'll dig out the settings for that.

All really well set up in Your sim here at the moment!

I must admit I'm delighted with the way this whole DX10 thing has come together on my (mid range) PC. It really is like a new sim - and I'm just firing up the old favourites in turn and just "oohing" and "aahing"!

Adam.

Adam.

Like your comments about good old Captain Pugwash.

I don't think they would get away with that today.

To be fair - they didn't get away with it then. Much as we'd like to believe they did, it's an urban myth. Sadly, those names never actually appeared - either on TV or in any printed material. Shame!! :lol:

To be fair - they didn't get away with it then. Much as we'd like to believe they did, it's an urban myth. Sadly, those names never actually appeared - either on TV or in any printed material. Shame!! :lol:

Thanks Adam. I didn't realise that. So Roger the cabin boy is a myth too ??? .

Thanks Adam. I didn't realise that. So Roger the cabin boy is a myth too ??? .

Drat! I'd forgotten about him! I suppose ... next you're going say "I know, I was that cabin boy!". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come to think of it, you'd never get away with calling a ship "The Black Pig" in these days of political correctness.

Drat! I'd forgotten about him! I suppose ... next you're going say "I know, I was that cabin boy!". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come to think of it, you'd never get away with calling a ship "The Black Pig" in these days of political correctness.

Roger and out.

Archived