CBB7 DLL.xml error

I have the An-2 also, and received the error on installing CBB7.   Did as suggested earlier and backed up my DLL.xml file and installed CBB7, accepting the new dll.   Added the CBB7 bits into my backup xml file and replaced same in AppDate/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder.  Everything works fine, no problems.   I will download a future CBB7 file when the problem is fixed in case I ever have to do a reinstall.  Was a bit nervous editing the xml file in the first place!

Can those of you who have had the DLL errors say if they have the SibWings AN-2 installed?

I do not have the SibWings AN-2, but had the error.

I successfully backed up my original dll.xml, let the installer create a new one (which only had a CBB7 entry), then copied and pasted the CBB7 entry into my original dll.xml file and everything appears to work.

Tippella looks very nice!

Can those of you who have had the DLL errors say if they have the SibWings AN-2 installed?

Yes, I have the Sibwings AN-2 installed prior to installing the Tipella sccenery.

What I did - after the install, by mistake confirmed "corrupted" dll and what not, couldn't start FSX at all. Found that there is a copy of the old dll made by the SibWings installation. Renamed it to the dll.xml (renamed the "new" CBB7 one first), copied from the CBB7 dll the relevant piece into the current dll and all seems to work just fine, even with the AN-2 there. I know - clear as mud, but perhaps something to consider, before the proper solution is found.

Hi Vlad, thanks for the work-around, but where in Sibwings did you find the old dll? I searched their file in FSX main, but couldn't find it. And another, maybe somewhat stupid question: once I have located it, how do I open the dll file? It doesn't work with Notepad and Microsoft, when searching the internet, doesn't recognize it

I found a fix in one of the screenshot threads of today.

Here is the link:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/60934-cbb7-is-outstanding/

If you can't find it there, here's what's been written:

Alexf wrote:

Manual fix for DLL.XML issue:

Make a backup before install. It is in user/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX

Install and allow to overwrite (create new fiel).

Open both the new one (now containing only the Tipella entry) and the backup in a text editor (Notepad or better would do). Copy the old - now missing - stuff to the file, save, and you are done

Dragnhorn wrote:

…Alex, that's exactly what I did to make it work.  Only I had to rename the files to DLL.txt from DLL.xml in order to do the editing as you described.  Then after I was done I renamed it to DLL.xml and saved to User/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX

Edit     Now I see that if you just right click on the dll.xml file and select "edit" it will automatically open in Notepad.  Learned something useful! 

It's more or less also, what Vlad Maly suggested

I followed that, found a previous version of my dll file in user/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX and copied the Tipella part into it (after I have made a copy of my original previous one of course). Now I could also read it in notepad and everything works like a charm. I am again a happy camper

Hi Vlad, thanks for the work-around, but where in Sibwings did you find the old dll? I searched their file in FSX main, but couldn't find it. And another, maybe somewhat stupid question: once I have located it, how do I open the dll file? It doesn't work with Notepad and Microsoft, when searching the internet, doesn't recognize it

Nonono! It is in >...myname>appdata>roaming>Microsoft>FSX. I had there one called DLL_BeforeModInstaller.xlm, that's the one I've added the CBB7 lines to. To edit: click to highlight > rightclick > edit. I don't know whether this is the file created by the SibWings install, but the date is about right when I installed the AN-2. Didn't install anything else since. But I think Ed has now the proper installer ready (or soon will have).

I have just uninstalled the first version of Tipella and used the new installer. Everything, including the An 2, works now as intended. Thanks a lot to everyone involved and special thanks again to Gordon for having created this superb scenery

New installer available now from the opening post of the release announcement.

Thank you!

I do hope this wasn't an issue where you had to fix another company's error to get your product working correctly...

I am still having issues with the new installer; the same error message. But, don't worry I will install it editing the dll fie manually. Perhaps because I used Migrationtool when installing the An-2...

Interesting ... i have AN-2 installed prior CBB7 and even with the older installer it all went well. The plane and the scenary works perfectly ok (Only low FPS issues on CBB7 now).

So i think the mistake is on another place.

Ed and the crew have resolved the issue. Thanks Ed, Jim, Tim, Vlad and all the guys who jumped in on this while my internet was down. These guys are awesome and took time from their own projects to resolve this.

I hope everyone is able to re-install CBB7 without further issues. I'll be following all of the comments and anxious to hear your Tipella stories.

What was the problem with the first installer?

Did it actually have anything to do with the An-2?

The first installer had a newer version of the moduleinstaller exe file (which we ship with the P3D, but works for FSX as well). As to why it threw up corrupt dll.xml, I don't know because the newer version of the exe is just an updated installer to handle the P3D entries.

I don't think it had anything to do with the AN2. Only reason why I asked about the AN2 was that it was the most recent release since our last airport that touched the dll.xml file and wondered if it might of been the culprit.

Nonono! It is in >...myname>appdata>roaming>Microsoft>FSX. I had there one called DLL_BeforeModInstaller.xlm, that's the one I've added the CBB7 lines to. To edit: click to highlight > rightclick > edit. I don't know whether this is the file created by the SibWings install, but the date is about right when I installed the AN-2. Didn't install anything else since. But I think Ed has now the proper installer ready (or soon will have).

For those who have to edit the dll.xml to install CBB7 take care that you only have to copy only the lines of the addon that corresponds to CBB7, not all. This is:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_CBB7_P3D</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>D:\SIMULADORES\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CBB7\Scenery\ObjectFlow_CBB7_P3D.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

And past it before the line </SimBase.Document> on your then. The idea is to add the CBB7 lines without lossing all the other modules/addons that you already have in your dll.xml file and that are of the most importance -f.e: Accufeel-. Note that my the lines are different of yours, different path. 

Use this if you still are having issues with the new installer, as in my case. For most people, the new installer works,

Best,

For those who have to edit the dll.xml to install CBB7 take care that you only have to copy only the lines of the addon that corresponds to CBB7, not all. This is:

<Launch.Addon>

<Path>D:\SIMULADORES\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CBB7\Scenery\ObjectFlow_CBB7_P3D.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

And past it before the line </SimBase.Document> on your then. The idea is to add the CBB7 lines without lossing all the other modules/addons that you already have in your dll.xml file and that are of the most importance -f.e: Accufeel-. Note that my the lines are different of yours, different path. 

Use this if you still are having issues with the new installer, as in my case. For most people, the new installer works,

Best,

This is getting more interesting everyday.

I have purchased today Elstree airport, and in the installation proces I have had the same error message as with CBB7. Something has changed in my dll.xml so my last installation of ORBX airports -and perhaps many other installations- are having troubles.

I had installed KORS island, Darrington and Concrete some weeks before without any problem, but I think they didn't make any new line in dll. The last line in my dll is for the An-2 from Sibwing. Since then, in the ORBX installtions I am having problems.

This time I have copied the previos entries to the new dll.xml created by Elstree installation, but I d'ont know if it will work. By now, my dll is as shown:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Flight Recorder</Name>

<Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>RAASPRO</Name>

<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>A2A Feel</Name>

<Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>

<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>SibWings service module</Name>

<Path>SibWings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow_EGTR_P3D</Name>

<Path>D:\SIMULADORES\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGTR\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGTR_P3D.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I have no entries from Darrington or Concrete etc. D'ont know if this is correct. The situations is this, something is creating problems in ORBX installations, and surely has nothing refer to ORBX themself but the issue is there (at least in my case)

Best wishes,

Archived