The Timeless De Havilland DC-3

I re-installed all of my MAAM-SIM aircraft a couple days ago as IMHO their version of the DC-3, even though it's a FS9 port over that's many years old, is still the best that's available. Many of the existing paint jobs, literally hundreds on Avsim and elsewhere, can be used in FSX as long as you overwrite the windshield and propeller files with the ones from the FSX transparency fix file. And those paint jobs still look pretty good in FSX today...

DxvlS.jpg

8kh.jpg

fGJSk.jpg

5eYK7.jpg

MfEkT.jpg

HpksK.jpg

b1p3n.jpg

Cheers

Jocko :)

Leave Jocko alone Pat ..he's Canadian ...everything is DeHavilland ... lol........................................ ;)  ::)

The DC 3 ..ah yes ! .thanks for showing the vc . Im impressed , I now know where to go when I want  a Gooney.

Love the bottom three shots . Goos stuff !

Superb work here. All those different ideas on one posting. Great black and white, I love the Bigfoot one too! And the sun in the valley, on the second shot, makes me think there is a break in the cloud somewhere farther that I cannot see from my position. Great.

Great shots but I think you may need to have a closer look at the title. As far as I know Douglas built the DC-3 not De Havilland.

Yeah, I realized that after checking the thread a few hours later. I was working a Twin Otter repaint at the time and I think that's how the De Havilland brand got stuck in my head. :-

Anyways, thanks for all of the replies gentlemen and any ladies present, it's appreciated.

Archived