Ant's T-28 at Ardmore

I just can't compete with DVJ's amazing shot of his T28 (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/58510-ants-t28d-is-out/#entry528601), but here are mine - from a quick test from Ardmore:

Setting off from Ardmore - with the wonderful NZWarbirds DC-3 in the background:

t28_nzar_01_307_1280.jpg

My favourite shot:

t28_nzar_02_978_1280.jpg

Such a photogenic aircraft (superb modelling and liveries):
t28_nzar_03_733_1280.jpg

t28_nzar_04_923_1280.jpg

Back "home" with the Kiwi Catalina also in the frame:
t28_nzar_05_113_1280.jpg

At the price Ant is charging, there's simply no excuse. You *need* this T28!

Adam.

I just can't compete with DVJ's amazing shot of his T28 (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/58510-ants-t28d-is-out/#entry528601), but here are mine - from a quick test from Ardmore:

.....yeah , your right ...go home !!...... :lol:.... ;)  

This bird is turning out to be a little gem . The flight dynamics have me intrigued at the moment, need to spend some hrs in it . Could turn out to be a regular fly . 

How are you finding it Adam ?

Hi Adam, I agree with you Anthony did a great work on that plane, and this one is a must in my hangar. Great shots you have made.

Here are a few shots I have made yesterday.

Peter

Xw1BV.jpg

At Ballina Byron Gateway NSW

5sgM.jpg

BO9Yo.jpg

Above Ant's Ballina scenery NSW   YBNA 

Tnrps.jpg

hR2p6.jpg

Peter - I love that last one the most!

Bob - can you remember what it sounds like though? I think I was concentrating too hard on getting my pics in focus (and with a plane in them) to notice!

@Gary ***ENVY*** ... I'd be interested to know how you find the sound compares. Also ... any pics of your trip??

Adam.

Here you go Adam, one amazing plane to fly in! The thing I probably remember the most is when the pilot opened the canopy when coming into land. the blast of air was so strong I thought it was going to pull me out of the plane backwards. I have also added a little history be low about this particular plane as well.  Sorry about pics, they are not the best quality but they are all I have.

VH-TRO T28D Trojan is a genuine combat veteran. It was built by North American Aviation in 1951 for the USAF. In 1964 it was seconded to the CIA funded airline Air America for clandestine operations in Laos. After the Vietnam War finished the aircraft was delivered to the Royal Thai Airforce where it was used for counter insurgency activities on the Thai - Laos border.

In 1976 it was sold to the Philippines Airforce where it operated with the P.A.F. 1st Strike Wing based at Sangley Point. It was one of several T-28Ds used in the attack and failed coup attempt on President Marcos presidential palace. It was then brought to Australia in 1990 where it has been totally restored over a 12 year period and first flown again on 5th October 2001 by Kim Rolph-Smith.

Oct1704_zps08afd3b8.jpg

Oct1703_zpsbb0b9f95.jpg

Oct1711_zps5c989cb5.jpg

Here you go Adam, one amazing plane to fly in! The thing I probably remember the most is when the pilot opened the canopy when coming into land. the blast of air was so strong I thought it was going to pull me out of the plane backwards. I have also added a little history be low about this particular plane as well.  Sorry about pics, they are not the best quality but they are all I have.

Unbelievable! What an experience it must have been - thanks for posting!

Archived