Wet, wet, wet

Stillwater

Heading north from Pormpuraaw the weather became better ( http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/58240-heading-north-in-cloudy-weather/ ), but the terrain gets slightly wet. Not easy to get around there on the ground...

Posted Image

Heading slightly northeast...

Posted Image

That one is called "Toby´s yard", not many international flights there, I suppose.

Posted Image

Getting back to the west coast of the peninsula, towards Poonko...

Posted Image

... and following the coast northwards:

Posted Image

Ti-Tree Outstation:

Posted Image

Approaching Kencherang:

Posted Image

Well that´s a surprise here: A DC-3 - though only usable as spare part source...

Posted Image

... and there are already some guys approaching to get these parts, I assume:

Posted Image

OK, getting on towards Aurukun, for today´s final landing:

Posted Image

Nice airports on Yorke peninsula, and another different landscape to what I have seen preivously on my tour. Great to discover that!

DetCord, these are all OZX airfields and Kencharang Camp YKNC was made by Mark Lee. The wet season starts on the first of December. I have made a screenshot for you with the coordinates in the upper left corner.

And here you can find 340 OZX airstrips selectable in FSX: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1753-340-ozx-airstrips-selectable-in-fsx/

Peter

Posted Image

Nice mate!

I demand the Lat/Long of this location ASAP! :D

DetCord, these are all OZX airfields and Kencharang Camp YKNC was made by Mark Lee. The wet season starts on the first of December. I have made a screenshot for you with the coordinates in the upper left corner.

And here you can find 340 OZX airstrips selectable in FSX: http://aussiex.org/f...ectable-in-fsx/

Peter

Thanks Peter, for the support to DetCord. You are a true livesaver to us!

Mark Lee added so much to OZx, and an extreme amount of work in Queensland / AU green. And I did forget to honour John Hockings for the Normanton airfield.

Thanks Peter, for the support to DetCord. You are a true livesaver to us!

Mark Lee added so much to OZx, and an extreme amount of work in Queensland / AU green. And I did forget to honour John Hockings for the Normanton airfield.

Thanks Gerold B.T.W. these are very nice shots you have made and it's a great area to discover. When you go to the east coast of Queensland, and start from Silver Plains YSVP on the first of December, than you can also see that area is flooded in that time of the year.

Peter

Thanks Gerold B.T.W. these are very nice shots you have made and it's a great area to discover. When you go to the east coast of Queensland, and start from Silver Plains YSVP on the first of December, than you can also see that area is flooded in that time of the year.

Peter

Great hint Peter, will check that (when I am on my way down, but currently heading towards Murray Island...)!

Archived