Groote Eylandt to Sweers Island - with a big THANKS for James

Stillwater

After the publication of James´ new painting ( http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3702-realair-lancair-legacy-vh-tzx-racer/ ) I had to use the Legacy for this flight...!

Taking off from Groote Eylandt, a nice work of Tim "meatycus":

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can almost smell the leather...

Posted Image

Posted Image

At waypoint YNUM:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And approaching Sweers Island, QLD - another fascinating work by Tim:

Posted Image

Well there is not so much Orbx scenery in this post, but I hope it still fulfils the posting rules. The main motivation for posting this is the fun in being in this community! Thanks, Jaydor.

Goodness I faintly remember these!, dont think I would try the Lancair on Sweers though hehe

To be honest, it was not too difficult to get the Legacy down there. I used full flaps and went down to 80 kts for the final (i. e. just before stalling). The challenge was a bit increased by crazy placed trees just in the approach, but I have seen worse.

Nice pics and a beautiful paint job!

Very nice shots, beautiful repaint Gerold!

Thank you Gerold, good to see you enjoying the new overcoat.. :)

Brilliant paintwok by you, James!

Yes James, no worries... these spoilers are a great animation, aren´t they? And this lovely sound... . Usually I retract them once I manage to get the gear down (i. a. below 132 kts). Have them allocated to T5 and T6 on the Saitek stick ::) .

Had to mention them, as you did not say you used them in your answer above to Tim. I personally think the RealAir Legacy is the best aircraft in FSX and is mostly the only one I fly..

The other being Ant's Drifter

Still learning the tiger though.. :) :)

Archived