Exploring Canberra ACT , Australia

BradB

Yep!

For our overseas ppl, the Parliament House is unique in that much of it is covered by good old Aussie backyard lawn. All they need to complete the look is put up some Hills' hoists and and washed clothes hanging off the lines!

There's plenty of dirty linen being aired inside

Yep!

For our overseas ppl, the Parliament House is unique in that much of it is covered by good old Aussie backyard lawn. All they need to complete the look is put up some Hills' hoists and and washed clothes hanging off the lines!

Gee I guess our government is lot like yours .

Cheers

John

You're right, and there's plenty of compost going on under that lawn......

Frank

PS. Sorry, mate, nice shots of Canberra

Awesome shots John. I've been near the top of that tower, when it used to be called the Telecom Tower, (Back when I was in Grade six, a long, long time ago). We also went to the "Brand Spankin' New" Parliament House and got to shake Bob Hawke's hand. Ahhh the memories. ;D Thanks mate, for that trip down memory lane.

Cheers,

Great shots John.

Yep!

You're right, and there's plenty of compost going on under that lawn......

Frank

PS. Sorry, mate, nice shots of Canberra

The roses grow well at Parliament House too, fed on a contiuous stream of BS. Roll on September 14th but watch out for landslides.

Ooh, best to not get too political here!

I like to keep it generic, none of the worms and weevils under that lawn are worth trusting :-)

Another tourist lesson- the Old Parliament House is a must-visit, so much more character and history, plus you get to see the PMs office and wing, you can literally smell that history.

Archived