Brough Eng. & Active Sky

Capnsully

Wow, Active sky now has an excellent P3D feature - when you first load it up each time, it asks which app you want to inject the weather in, FSX or P3D! Classy.

So despite my recent love for Opus, I'm experimenting with AS2012 now, as it feels damn good wind-wise and the ability to hand select your weather is excellent, superior to Opus.

So here I used the local weather, but removed the rain (if only in RL!), Added a cloud layer at 6k and a couple of nice low ones at 200 and 800ft. Perfect stuff. Only the first shot is post-processed with some blur

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, Active sky now has an excellent P3D feature - when you first load it up each time, it asks which app you want to inject the weather in, FSX or P3D! Classy.

So despite my recent love for Opus, I'm experimenting with AS2012 now, as it feels damn good wind-wise and the ability to hand select your weather is excellent, superior to Opus.

So here I used the local weather, but removed the rain (if only in RL!), Added a cloud layer at 6k and a couple of nice low ones at 200 and 800ft. Perfect stuff. Only the first shot is post-processed with some blur

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

wow simmo that is impressive have you ever used active sky for fsx?is it a must have weather engine!

Yes I'd used it in FSX but hadn't updated to SP2 Beta 4 until now. I do love Opus, but its inability to quickly tailor the weather as I've described is a pain, so I'm sticking to AS for awhile since it works so nice in P3D. I love the stormy look, but hate the rain. Get enough of that in Melboune eh? Not right now though, a dry spell!

Yes I'd used it in FSX but hadn't updated to SP2 Beta 4 until now. I do love Opus, but its inability to quickly tailor the weather as I've described is a pain, so I'm sticking to AS for awhile since it works so nice in P3D. I love the stormy look, but hate the rain. Get enough of that in Melboune eh? Not right now though, a dry spell!

very true my friend,it has been a dry spell forsure,my lawn is yellow :P,melbourne is very dry atm, I might buy active sky too,where did you buy it from,and how much?

very true my friend,it has been a dry spell forsure,my lawn is yellow :P,melbourne is very dry atm, I might buy active sky too,where did you buy it from,and how much?

I use AS2012 and love it , they are always updating their product and making it even better . Here is the link - http://www.hifitechinc.com/

John

I have to say, that does look pretty darn impressive!

+1

Yes, Chris you get it from HiFi's site, not cheap but bloody capable. You'll like it for finding bad storms

thanks john and simmo,does it conflict with rex ess,and do you just install the new active sky textures into fsx over the rex ess?or do you remove rex ess textures then install the new active sky ones?is the file 3 gig?

No it doesn't conflict with REX, I've used both intermittently. It installs the textures over the Rex or default textures. Not on my pc now so don't know the file size. You can install it in any drive.

thanks simmo for info :)

Archived