Apparently it's been snowing in the UK!

Adam Banks

It's sunny and hot here in NZ, so I thought I'd give the live weather engine a thrashing by tearing myself away from Milford Sound, donning my fleecy flying jacket and going for a spin in the UK!

Early morning climb-out through heavy cloud and rain, then blue sky at last!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

RealAir Lancair + FTX/ENG (near Barkston Heath), REX+FEX+OPUS for the weather.

Adam.

Great shots Adam . I just in the last couple of days installed NZSI to try to warm up out of the cold and snow of Spokane . You live in very beautiful country and I have just started to explore it .

Take care

John

Great shots Adam . I just in the last couple of days installed NZSI to try to warm up out of the cold and snow of Spokane . You live in very beautiful country and I have just started to explore it .

Thanks for the nice comments, John. From what I've seen virtually, Spokane isn't too bad either! If you get on with NZSI (both NZSI and NZNI give a great "feel" of NZ) ... you'll find it hard to resist NZMF ...

nice, so it is true, Opus even controls the snow look!

Cute rego number!

Funny that ... I was thinking the same thing! Can it do that? I haven't been to FSX/UK in winter for ages - the first time since installing FTX/ENG so I don't whether it's FTX or OPUS (or both) that's doing it so well. That repaint was created by someone on the OPUS forum. I hadn't even realised I had the Lancair installed ... but I'm so glad I rediscovered it. It's definitely one of the better GA add-ons out there.

Thanks for the nice comments, John. From what I've seen virtually, Spokane isn't too bad either! If you get on with NZSI (both NZSI and NZNI give a great "feel" of NZ) ... you'll find it hard to resist NZMF ...

Yes on my wish list is NZNI and NZMF . I flew out of Milford sound with the Orbx default and that was pretty amazing in itself .

John

Yep, we are getting a bit of an artic blast here. They have called it 'The Beast from the East' ...

Nice shots Adam, and hope you enjoyed our weather. If you get a chance, can you make a fly over at Heathrow and douse some grit and anti freeze... a few cm of snow and most flights cancelled :)

Great set Adam!

you're combining Rex AND Fex?

Thanks ... and yes ... REX and FEX. I originally had REX, then REXE, then REXE/OD ... but wasn't ecstatic about the cumulus shading (transparent inners but solid edges!) ... so I thought I'd try FEX ... without uninstalling REX. Both utilities basically over-write the same textures, however REX does *ground* textures (which FEX does not) - so I ended up with a hybrid:

REX : Ground textures, sun, lights.

FEX : Clouds, water, sky.

OPUS: Live weather.

You simply de-select the textures you *don't* want each to create (in REX or FEX). I ditched the REX live weather engine (which FEX doesn't have anyway) for OPUS, which does a marvellous job.

@fiftysix - pretty well everywhere I went in the UK with live weather gave me snow and freezing mist ... yuk!!! Heathrow certainly seems to be suffering ... but they did choose to build it on the area around London most prone to fog, LOL! I remember when I lived in the UK that snow in winter was always a mega-surprise ... duh!

Thanks for the nice comments, folks!

Adam.

Archived