A thread for misplaced scenery objects?

Larry_R

A quick question: is there a common thread where one could post information about suspected misplaced or inappropriate autogen? It's often a *very* minor issue, and I'd hate to start a new thread each time I find one… but perhaps someone would like to know. :-)

Thanks!

Larry

Hi Tim,

Here's one:

A radio mast in the middle of Jervis Inlet BC, near the entrance to Hotham Sound, at N 49 deg 48.12 min, W 124 deg 1.77 min. IS2 tells me that it's from the FTX_NA_PNW5_Scenery / FTX_PNW_Objects_VertialObstructions_BC_TAFLbgl, and appears to be from the Orbx radiomasts library; 4 sided plain with obsight … I think.

Larry

Hi Larry,

good catch, thanks for pointing that out. Some of the government antenna location data aren't exactly accurate so we rely on Beta testers and users to spot any obvious misplacements. I'll add that to the to-do list for the next PNW service pack.

As Tim said you (or others) can bookmark this thread and then add similar issues to it.

Cheers, Holger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Tim and Holger,

I found another out of place antenna at N47 deg, 34.62 min, W122 deg 27.89 min. It’s in the middle of Puget Sound, about half way between Alki Point and Restoration Point and near the Seattle-Bremerton ferry route. That’s how I found it; testing my new AI ferry, the MV Walla Walla. :-)

A question for Holger: would it be possible to export the database files for antennas or perhaps marine navigation aids to kml format? If so it would then be easy to check placement using Google Earth by assigning appropriate ions. Antennas in bodies of water for example could be found quickly. And if one wanted to correct the location of an object, one could just drag it to the desired spot, save the kml file and read off the new lat-lon, or import the saved kml file back into the database.

Thanks so much for all your work on these things!

Larry

G`Day Tim,

Here is another anomaly for you.In NZSI take off from Dunedin in a NNEasterly direction and follow the dual carriageway towards the sea and you will find quite a number of buildings on the headland floating in midair. I was tempted to fly under them but I imagine the authorities would take a dim view. ::)

Cheers, Joe

Hi Joe,

You'll find if you try to replicate that they wont be floating again, its an FSX bug with the mesh not resolving correctly under the buildings, I have seen it from time to time myself as have some others, just try searching the forums for 'floating' will bring up a few posts, like this one : http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/37897-floating-houses/page__hl__%2Bfloating+%2Bhouses

Cheers

Tim

Hi Joe,

there are two ways to refresh the scenery during a flight: (1) select World > Scenery Library and then click on "OK" without making any changes; or (2) assign a keystroke to the "Refresh Scenery" event under Options > Settings > Controls > Buttons/Keys (all events). For example, I use "Ctrl+Shift+S".

Cheers, Holger

Not really a misplaced object, but when I flew around Auckland (which I enjoyed very much, what a wonderful scenery!!) these buildings caught my eye:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wouldn't even call it an error, I just thought I let you know... 8)

Hi Guys, really enjoying NZNI, though I have noticed a few autogen issues as follows.

NZFP (Foxpine) is missing a number of large trees 85m off the end of the THR for RWY27, these trees neccesitate a curved approach with an 11 degree offset in the real world, whereas in NZNI there are no trees there.

NZUN (Pauanui) has powerlines either side of the THR for RWY 23, and some large trees at the THR of RWY 05, as far as I'm aware these obstacles are not present in RL.

I'm making my way around the island over the coming few weeks, so I'll advise if I see any other anomalies.

Thanks again for a great product!

Mark

Edit: The trees have been addressed already. Apologies. - Ref: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/47608-nzni-issues/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right place for this...feel free to move it where it belongs. CRM...Lower Loom Creek...ID67, W114.8093, N44.80825We have a floating, semi transparent dirt runway with autogen trees growing out of it. Runway is unusable as is. This happens to be a destination airport for MSFsX Mission to learn mountain flying, so it kind of messes up if you are trying to use that lesson.

Thank you,

Dean

Thank you for the quick response and a great solution Mr. Dieter. Greatly appreciated! Now all we need are the campers, their tent, and that bear that kept roaming around. Seriously...I'm just happy to have an operation landing strip. Thanks again.

Dean

Not really a misplaced object, but when I flew around Auckland

Hi Snorre,

The larger autogen buildings can only have one texture for all 4 faces, unfortunately its reversed on some sides, you'll see the smaller sides of those buildings in your screenshots are correct, we had a choice of totally removing the signage or leaving it as is, we did.

its a shame it happens more on the bigger sides but thats just the FSX AGN system I'm a afraid

Hi Guys, really enjoying NZNI, though I have noticed a few autogen issues as follows.

Edit: The trees have been addressed already. Apologies. - Ref: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/47608-nzni-issues/

Hi Mark,

Best to start an separate support post for these localized POI items, this thread is for any misplaced autogen or scenery objects rather than non-existing ones

Cheers

Tim

• 1 month later...

Hi,

1or 2 errors that I would love to see fixed. The first is Headcorn Aerodrome (Lashenden) The village is all north of the railway line it creeps far to far south in EU England. You look at houses as you take off from runway 29. These are not there. The other is a simple one. You have kindly included the old radar towers at Dover. Where is the famous castle please.

FSS0186795

To the airport guru for England. EGNR Hawarden Has airport Hangars and Buildings on top of Taxiways in a lot of areas. Could just do with a tidy up. Otherwise good job.

M. Price

FSS0188450

Mr. Price, do you have JustFlight TrafficX installed? If you have than go to the map JustFlight - TrafficX - AirportFacilities - and remove the AFX-EGNR Bgl. The problem is than resolved.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't find it mentioned anywhere else, apologies if I'm repeating previous observations. There are oil tanks/refineries depicted on Portland next to the helicopter base. The tanks are gone now and there never was a refinery. Portland itself is lacking cliffs. Also, Chesil Beach is depicted as a grass strip with trees on it. In reality it's a shingle bank, no trees. Bugbear of mine as I live in the area. Just a couple of observations to make a great product even better.

Is this a thread for misplaced tree´s too? I flew an approach to EGBN Nottingham and there is a tree right at the end of runway 27. Not sure if that can be moved or fixed? Really annoying as I was wanting to use this airport as a central location to do some GA flying.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I took off from my new KSFF airport, turned south heading through Micah pass when I noticed some UFOs in the sky at 12 o'clock high. As I got closer, I noticed they were parts of buildings hovering at about 3515 ft MSL. I took a screen shot, however, I don't know how to place a pic on this thread or message. I had seen some objects hovering over the city of Couer d'Alene, ID, south of KCOE also. I didn't take a picture of those.

Just letting the ORBX team know.

Rod

Hi folks,

recently I purchased Australia Full Terrain SP4. As I stayed several weeks in Southwest Australia (Peth-Margaret River, Albany; Hayden/Wave Rock) I know this area quite well. Trying to see this area in P3D and above mentioned ORBX-Program flying low and slow with a Cessna182, I unfortunatelly found a lot of bugs in this scenery. I am a little bit disappointed as I expected a bit more realism.

Here are my findings:

1. Harbour area in Fremantle and Albany no autogen buildings, just a beige flat plane with nothing

2. Rivers missing in Margaret River and Denmark

3. Sandy beach missing in Busselton and Dunsborough

4. Autogen buildings missing in Yallingup and Walpol

5. Wrong color of salt lakes. They are brown/green with bushes insted of whlte/grey-if dry or water texture (depending on season) in reality

6. Wrong road position in Bunburry: Between road and beach on Ocean Drive are no buildings!

7. Often seen: trees in the middle of a road, in YABA (Albany) even at the end of runway 32

8. roads like real, but no roundabouts

9. Wave Rock near Hayden wrong color (brown and occupied by plants- real pure granite in beige)

10. double roads over salt lakes: bridge and additionally road under or parallel to bridge

11. traffic density in outback is unreal. When switching to normal density on main highways is the density far to frequent

In general you made such a fine job creating this scenery. It is a pity to find these bugs, maybe there are several others in other areas. I think it would be worse for a patch correcting.

Sorry for my poor english, but I hope you will understand.

Klaus

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if it is a misplaced tree, but approaching North Shore Aerodrome 03, NZNI the trees seem to encroach on the flight path, one in particular, and trees on the right seem to be rather close. Also when searching for an airport, if one clicks on New Zealand - Auckland, Auckland International does not show. It can only be found on the full list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I also have many misplaced objects at EGNR Hawarden (FTX England/FTX Wales). I have no other entry (AFCAD) for EGNR, but the two entries in FTX (one for England and one for Wales) are of different sizes, i.e. the AFCAD for EGNR/England is a different size to the AFCAD for EGNR/Wales, likewise the objects and CVX files. I don't know if that is correct, but I am up to date with all the patches, etc., and I have no other traffic programs installed. Can you help?

Archived