"Welcome Home" - The official WA56 Izzy's Farm Trailer by Andreas Paschen

Goose bumps! This is a tour-de-force in video making by Andreas Paschen, and it leaves you wondering why we need anything better than FSX plus quality addons like those from Orbx, REX, A2A and Carenado.

From my personal perspective, this video truly captures the emotion and joy of flight, and the lush and colorful surroundings of one of the world's most beautiful regions, the Pacific Northwest, and the charm of Israel's Farm which introduced realistic long grass for the first time in FSX.

If you only watch one flight sim video this year, make it this one!

(Available in 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p)

"Coming Home", the official WA56 trailer, and our greatest video so far!

Andreas has also uploaded this video to his personal Vimeo page, so please encourage him by leaving a comment (Link below the video)

Coming Home

You can also download his original 60FPS WMV 1080p HD version from his Vimeo page (you'll need a Vimeo account) - this video looks brilliant in original WMV HD format.

Is this just a great ad for Orbx or what!?  I have to admit I actually had a tear in my eye watching this ... simply breathtaking and stunning.

People ask me why I spend so much time in front of Flight Simulator ... I tell them I escape in the realism of it all.  They never seem all that convinced.  Perhaps I should just show them this video.  Maybe then they will understand.

Just excellent!  Great stuff.

I really loved the howling wind which can be heard at the start of the video. Just a thought but could such an effect be added to the sounds, say for autumn and winter or perhaps a version for bob. It helped make the video feel incredibly realistic. For me sound is really important and unfortunately it's one of the major elements I feel that FSX lacks (though the Orbx local sounds are very good).

Steve

Eat your heart out, Jaggyroad.  ;)

Now, now. No need to put anyone down. That's just rude.  ::)

no harms done. This is a gorgeous video indeed, the intro was probably pretty hard to do, just to calculate when the airplane will be seen in the shot. I also love the small story with the beetle driving around ^^ And yes, you choose the right soundtrack :D

P.S.

Vimeo e-mail verification apparently not working so unable to add comments there.

Now sorted.  Just takes a bit of time for the verification e-mail to come through.

Every time I watch this I see more.  Even down to subtle little touches like the way the rope goes slack when the log hits the roof.  Amazing production!!!

oulalalalala ....voyant cette video j ais eut l'impression d'être un 14 juillet ...lol...somme toute magnifique . on ne se lasse pas de contempler et d apprecier votre travail , qui poussé  a cette extrémité ,  fait ressentir le gout de la passion et du travail bien fait ...et du respect avéré pour vos clients et fans ..vraiment bravo

sinon ...je ne savais pas que orbx avait une compagnie de bus trans américaine lol

While I was at work I already was able to read some of your nice comments, and although I didn't find the time to reply, I'm realy overwhelmed by your consenting remarks. When I'm creating videos about fsx I'm always wondering if I would be able to convey my special atmosphere to the viewers, and your reactions tell me that I seem to be on the right way.

@Jigsaw - the Cub with your Thule paint was one the very first object I placed into this scenery when I started the work on this video. It has the perfect dirty livery, predestined for private airstrips like Israel's Farm. I would have taken it for the flight sceens, but due to the accusim package I got some minor issues when using it with fsrecorder. Btw. allthough it's a small video, it took me about 100 hours - divided over the last two month - to finish the clip, because right from the beginning I wanted to create it in full hd with 60fps, and those helicopter scenes at the end needed a lot of trials and errors  :)

@Xavier - the intro sequence wasn't a great problem, because I'm used to apply hand edited fsrecorder files. The most difficult scene was at the gas station, because every moving car, the helicopter and the Birddog had to be synchronized, so that each object was at the right place and at the right time :)

Thanks to all of you for taking time to watch and comment my clip, and of course a special thank you to the orbx team for creating this wonderful scenery and for the perfect promotion of my promotional video :)

Cheers, Andreas

Archived