I feel like I'm on an island, where did everyone go?

7 minutes ago, wain71 said:

yeah it does seem to go in phases, bit like the moon......are you on a takeover plan?.....certainly has been a little quiet lately....

Seems that way doesn't it. I'm afraid to post anymore. I'm making myself look like a bad bad man. 🫣

• Haha 1

at least it shows you are still here, maybe there's a lot on holiday or to busy with life....also we all need a laugh and entertainment and you've certainly given us that in bucket loads lately...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, wain71 said:

at least it shows you are still here, maybe there's a lot on holiday or to busy with life....also we all need a laugh and entertainment and you've certainly given us that in bucket loads lately...

No doubt about the fact that I'm still here Wayne, maybe just not quite this much. 😁 I think I'll go incognito or vacation for a tad before I see hoards of people coming up my driveway with torches. 😄

• Haha 2

I've noticed the same thing, Adam. It is a bit discouraging to work up a post and have it fade fast. But I think Wayne is right--there are cycles of participation. Just a few weeks ago, everyone was participating happily and it was great fun. My wife encourages me to accept the ups and downs and just keep posting for whoever is interested. And this group of Forum friends is such a grand bunch, well worth the effort. So, as my dad used to say, keep your dauber up and run the race. And, by the way, I'm still enjoying your posts, so you still have at least one regular 😁.

Rodge

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I frequently think of all the forum members that have disappeared in the last years. One factor may be the switch to MSFS, which made it more difficult to post screenshots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Unfortunately life interferes.  Sorry, I've been a bit quiet lately.  Just went back to work for the season.  Still recovering from the knee surgery. Then a flooded kitchen.  Needed new floor.  Then fridge died; shop for a new one.  None of this a big deal, but time consuming.  

I'll respond to this week's topic later.

Oh, and Rodge, just landed at Pearson Field this afternoon.  And I stayed out of the complex Delta and Charlie air space without getting yelled at by ATC.  Great flight into a great little airport.

But other factors have changed the Forum.  For one, we're getting older, and some have dropped out accordingly.  I miss John York, among others.  Also MSFS has been divisive.  Those of us, a minority I know, who have not jumped onto the MSFS bandwagon, and who stick to P3D and X-Plane have been abandoned by Orbx, and from a product/company viewpoint have little incentive to participate in the Forum.  I'm here, and loyal because of the good friends I have here, but I'm sure it hasn't helped.

Ken

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ken Q said:

But other factors have changed the Forum.  For one, we're getting older, and some have dropped out accordingly.  I miss John York, among others.  Also MSFS has been divisive.  Those of us, a minority I know, who have not jumped onto the MSFS bandwagon, and who stick to P3D and X-Plane have been abandoned by Orbx, and from a product/company viewpoint have little incentive to participate in the Forum.  I'm here, and loyal because of the good friends I have here, but I'm sure it hasn't helped.

Ken

Hello Ken and everyone,
this small corner of the forum was never meant to be simulator specific, or even necessarily about simulated flying at all.
Sadly, a few of our treasured forum friends have died but I think that there are plenty of us left. :)
People might not post, but they are still reading.

I can't speak for Orbx, but I do remember reading that PMDG stated they sold more copies of their DC6 for MSFS in the first
week or so than they had sold for all the other flight simulators in several years.
I am no businessman, but there seems to be a certain inescapable logic that would suggest that developing for MSFS would
be a very good idea.

All the Orbx products for all the other simulators are still here and still supported, so I don't see anyone as having been abandoned.
After all, you don't need to go back far to read for virtually every release for every simulator, a comment from someone that
Orbx was abandoning the users of the simulator that was not compatible with that latest release.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

you are correct Nick, any business will follow the money it makes perfect sense, also like you say PRBX still have their products available and if you have an issues they will help, even in the older sims....

• Upvote 1