Swedish Triple Pack - ESNU Umeå Airport, ESNQ Kiruna Airport & ESKS Scandinavian Mountains Airport

5 hours ago, Er!k said:

One request: can you please change the parking types from gate_small to ramp_ga_large?

Thanks for spotting this.

I assume this is at ESKS - that's where I'm seeing it.

The perils of working on 3 airports at one time!

Not sure but I suspect that in trying to solve a different issue with ATC at ESNU the designations at ESKS got changed.

Then again the memory ain't what it used to be :lol:

All the best,

John

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

Thanks for spotting this.

I assume this is at ESKS - that's where I'm seeing it.

The perils of working on 3 airports at one time!

Not sure but I suspect that in trying to solve a different issue with ATC at ESNU the designations at ESKS got changed.

Then again the memory ain't what it used to be :lol:

All the best,

John

Hi John, yes indeed I checked ESKS... Did not have time to check the orher airports yet...

Edited by Er!k

I've not explored Kiruna but the other are awesome! Lot of attention to details, such as the cars ESKS, those outside are covered in snow, those in the garage are not! 

Both airports looked great with snow, love those snow piles! Umeå looks just as I remember it from RL! I thought the runway looked amazing in snowy conditions!

Runways, taxiways, modelling, texturing, interiors etc are all really good quality, no performance issues at all either.

Will be of plenty of flights to and from these airports, once again, thanks Marcus for a great job!

A few things I noticed:

- ESKS - The snow pile as you taxi to the runway (right side) is floating a bit.

- ESNU - ATC doesn't give the option to assign a gate, only the GA parking.

- ESNU - Looks like snow inside the tower (live weather)

Edited by Maelmoor
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Er!k said:

@Marcus Nyberg Thanks for these wonderful airports! One request: can you please change the parking types from gate_small to ramp_ga_large? ATC won't give you stairs on a gate since it is expecting a jetway ;)

Thank you for the kind comment! And yep sure, can do!

12 hours ago, Maelmoor said:

I've not explored Kiruna but the other are awesome! Lot of attention to details, such as the cars ESKS, those outside are covered in snow, those in the garage are not! 

Both airports looked great with snow, love those snow piles! Umeå looks just as I remember it from RL! I thought the runway looked amazing in snowy conditions!

Runways, taxiways, modelling, texturing, interiors etc are all really good quality, no performance issues at all either.

Will be of plenty of flights to and from these airports, once again, thanks Marcus for a great job!

A few things I noticed:

- ESKS - The snow pile as you taxi to the runway (right side) is floating a bit.

- ESNU - ATC doesn't give the option to assign a gate, only the GA parking.

- ESNU - Looks like snow inside the tower (live weather)

Thank you so much for the kind words,

I can address those issues except that I've got no clue about the ESNU ATC issue. I've reviewed the taxiway system multiple times and can't on earth understand why it refers to the terminal area as GA-parking and doesn't give you a specific terminal parking. I'll see if I got some clever collegues that might know the issue.

And just like John says, while trying to solve one issue it happens we introduce a new one.. even at other airports sometimes occasionally haha :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

I can address those issues except that I've got no clue about the ESNU ATC issue. I've reviewed the taxiway system multiple times and can't on earth understand why it refers to the terminal area as GA-parking and doesn't give you a specific terminal parking. I'll see if I got some clever collegues that might know the issue.

@Marcus Nyberg I know the solution! For a parking you can define a 'Name' and a 'Type'. The type is i.e. 'Ramp_GA_Large or 'Gate_Small'. This needs to be adjusted at ESKS, where remote parkings need to be of type 'Ramp_GA_Large'.

At ESNU the name is 'Parking'. When naming these like this MSFS ATC will always instructs 'General Aviation Parking'. If you change the name to 'Gate' so i.e. Gate 1 with type 'Ramp_GA_Large' both stairs wil come up and ATC instructs you correctly to Gate 1.

See also: TaxiwayParking Objects (flightsimulator.com)

Below some screenshots:

- 1 from ESSA, where a remote parking is defined OK

-1 from ESNU, where the remote parking is not defined OK

Hope it helps!

ESSA.jpg

ESNU.jpg

Edited by Er!k

22 hours ago, Er!k said:

@Marcus Nyberg I know the solution! For a parking you can define a 'Name' and a 'Type'. The type is i.e. 'Ramp_GA_Large or 'Gate_Small'. This needs to be adjusted at ESKS, where remote parkings need to be of type 'Ramp_GA_Large'.

At ESNU the name is 'Parking'. When naming these like this MSFS ATC will always instructs 'General Aviation Parking'. If you change the name to 'Gate' so i.e. Gate 1 with type 'Ramp_GA_Large' both stairs wil come up and ATC instructs you correctly to Gate 1.

See also: TaxiwayParking Objects (flightsimulator.com)

Below some screenshots:

- 1 from ESSA, where a remote parking is defined OK

-1 from ESNU, where the remote parking is not defined OK

Hope it helps!

That is awesome, thanks for helping out!

I just purchased another one of Marcus Nyberg's products (ESSB Stockholm Bromma), and this could also be classed as a triple pack, since it includes ESSB Stockholm Bromma, ESSV Visby, and a large number of detailed Stockholm landmarks. Add this to the just released Swedish Triple Pack, and that's some fantastic value for money!

• Like 3

On 2/23/2024 at 4:41 PM, Christopher Low said:

I just purchased another one of Marcus Nyberg's products (ESSB Stockholm Bromma), and this could also be classed as a triple pack, since it includes ESSB Stockholm Bromma, ESSV Visby, and a large number of detailed Stockholm landmarks. Add this to the just released Swedish Triple Pack, and that's some fantastic value for money!

Thank you! Adding them all to one package would make it a Swedish Six Pack I guess, which Alexander Skarsgård already got covered ;)

On 2/25/2024 at 10:28 AM, janjoensson said:

@Marcus Nyberg Stort tack!!! As always, really high quality airports. What is your next Swedish project? Will we see Östersund?

Thank you Jan! I've begun work on ESNZ but it will be postponed for a bit, got some other things in between :)

• Like 1

I have just checked out ESNZ Ostersund on Google maps, and that looks like another really interesting location. Looking forward to that one when it is eventually released :)

For the record, ESMQ Kalmar Oland looks like another great spot for an airport, with a large bridge spanning the Kalmar Strait across to Oland Island B)

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have just checked out ESNZ Ostersund on Google maps, and that looks like another really interesting location. Looking forward to that one when it is eventually released :)

For the record, ESMQ Kalmar Oland looks like another great spot for an airport, with a large bridge spanning the Kalmar Strait across to Oland Island B)

If you are interested in Kalmar, you might want to have a look at this one :)

https://sv.flightsim.to/file/11291/esmq-kalmar-oland-airport

• Like 1

Just bought the Triple Pack and it's worth every cent as always!
Great overall quality, great flair on the airport and always great ATC coverage on VATSIM with controllers scheduling their sessions in advance!

@Marcus Nyberg if I may give feedback on just a few minor runway marking deviations from the real world:

ESNQ touchdown zone markings at RWY21 should be beginning from the threshold: "3 Bars, Aiming Point, 2 Bars, 2 Bars, 1 Bar, 1 Bar".

If you could add one "2 Bar" marking, then it would be 100% accurate :) (RWY03 is correct!)

image.thumb.jpeg.766cd4083ee675b81fea8fad8fbe9b98.jpeg

ESKS RWY15 touchdown zone markings should be: "3 Bars, 3 Bars, Aiming Point, 2 Bars, 1 Bar, 1 Bar".
Adding one "3 Bar" marking prior the aiming point and removing one "2 Bar" marker beyond it, would make it perfectly accurate again 😉

(RWY 33 is fully correct)
image.thumb.jpeg.1c74f4a37db26fea13f4302866fe11ab.jpeg

ESNU: Markings on RWY14 seem to be a bit off to the left (or the centerline a bit off to the right?
image.thumb.jpeg.aae460c75cc638f13bab66e0b6a4fdba.jpeg

For your upcoming projects: Make whatever airport that features a runway just as long as the one in Skiathos to accommodate a 737 and a 757 and I'll buy it anyway, regardless where in Europe it is 😄

Edited by asjiopd
  • Upvote 1

It looks like the centreline needs to be adjusted to match the other markings. Alignment of runway markings is the first thing that I look for when beta testing airports.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 11:30 AM, wain71 said:

bought this haven't really had much chance to fly since, I am wondering what will happen in the summer with regards to the snow etc?

They are conditionally displayed for winter months and when the outside temperature is below 0 degrees celsius.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:29 PM, asjiopd said:

Just bought the Triple Pack and it's worth every cent as always!
Great overall quality, great flair on the airport and always great ATC coverage on VATSIM with controllers scheduling their sessions in advance!

@Marcus Nyberg if I may give feedback on just a few minor runway marking deviations from the real world:

ESNQ touchdown zone markings at RWY21 should be beginning from the threshold: "3 Bars, Aiming Point, 2 Bars, 2 Bars, 1 Bar, 1 Bar".

If you could add one "2 Bar" marking, then it would be 100% accurate :) (RWY03 is correct!)

ESKS RWY15 touchdown zone markings should be: "3 Bars, 3 Bars, Aiming Point, 2 Bars, 1 Bar, 1 Bar".
Adding one "3 Bar" marking prior the aiming point and removing one "2 Bar" marker beyond it, would make it perfectly accurate again 😉

(RWY 33 is fully correct)

ESNU: Markings on RWY14 seem to be a bit off to the left (or the centerline a bit off to the right?

For your upcoming projects: Make whatever airport that features a runway just as long as the one in Skiathos to accommodate a 737 and a 757 and I'll buy it anyway, regardless where in Europe it is 😄

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Will have a look at that. Plan to make a small patch in a few weeks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 8:07 PM, Er!k said:

@Marcus Nyberg Do you have any info about the update for ESKS regarding the parking spot issue I pointed out?

Hey Erik!

Sorry! I let it all rest for some time to see if there would be more stuff coming in and started addressing the issues just before the easter holidays when I went on vacation. I will try to have the patch out for testing early next week and hopefully it will reach you before the weekend,

Apologizes for the wait!

Cheers,

Marcus

• Like 3