Jump to content

Swedish Triple Pack - ESNU Umeå Airport, ESNQ Kiruna Airport & ESKS Scandinavian Mountains Airport


Recommended Posts

What a pity about problems by using Navigraph. I thought these things would have been overcoming already. I don't like using the reorder tool because I use the addonlinker to have sceneries activ or not. I don't know, if, by activating or deactivating a scenery and activating again later the order remains or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Merowinger said:

I don't know, if, by activating or deactivating a scenery and activating again later the order remains or not?

 

My experience is that the order remains. It's saved in the content.xml file in the LocalCache folder.

 

Edit. Also, if I'm honest, even with Navigraph enabled I have to look very hard to spot any misalignment.

It's slight at worst.

 

All the best,

 

John

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, carlosqr said:

This is fantastic

Some shots look amazing

When is it released?

Cheers

Carlos

 

Thank you! Soon! :)

 

On 2/9/2024 at 9:36 AM, boetie said:

These look amazing Marcus! Can't wait mate.

Cheers

Graeme :)

 

Thanks mate! :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, The Merowinger said:

What a pity about problems by using Navigraph. I thought these things would have been overcoming already. I don't like using the reorder tool because I use the addonlinker to have sceneries activ or not. I don't know, if, by activating or deactivating a scenery and activating again later the order remains or not?

 

I agree it's not optimal. Problem seems to be that Navigraph use real world data points for their navigation (sounds like the way to go, of course), however both streamed material and the custom geo-referenced ortho imagery is slightly off in comparsion. Navigraph overrides custom airport data as well so there is no way for us to get around it except re-placing the whole satellite material to match their data. Which is a bit of an overwhelming task, especially as satellite material is not limited to the airport of course.

 

Like John says it's not a big offset (and if John says that, which is one of the best beta testers we got and always brings me reports on my approach accuracy, maybe I've made it sound like a bigger problem than it is).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Like John says it's not a big offset (and if John says that, which is one of the best beta testers we got and always brings me reports on my approach accuracy, maybe I've made it sound like a bigger problem than it is).

 

I wouldn't apply for a job in marketing, Marcus, you are far too honest :lol:

 

As an illustration so folks can judge here's my final approach to ESNU 32 in the Daher with Navigraph installed and no changes made via the package re-order tool.

ESNU32.thumb.jpg.c21d8d4fc6a38b89331788954c1a9e22.jpg

The localizer brings me down slightly left of the centre line but definitely on the runway.

 

On one occasion I let the autopilot fly for far too long - here's where it put me (wind about 10 knots from the North)

ESNU322.thumb.jpg.6162d539aaef9928f1045e2b4d1662aa.jpg

 

I'd say this is typical of the slight misalignments but it's not. It's actually about the worst that I could find.

 

All the best,

 

John

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Marcus and John,

 

thanks for your explanations . Watching the pictures from John the offset is very slightly indeed so maybe there's no need to adjust the entries in the content.xml at all. Thanks for the pictures.

Of course I'm looking very forward to the airports and I know they will be superb - like all of Marcus' other airports👍.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DanielFall said:

Looks great! Will of course buy it right away! Any word on Östersund ESNZ? Is it dropped all together or will it be sold separately? 

 

Thanks Daniel!

ESNZ is not dropped, but postponed. It will be a separate package a little bit further down the road :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is amazing! At first I thought this was a real photo! The textures of the snow and snowdrifts look simply super-realistic! If possible, I will definitely make a video review of this scenario!) Thank you for your work!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice to see more examples of Marcus's craft. The deft touches.

Love the smoking hut in the lake near Umea.

Kiruna has always been a favorite, I think one of the 1st in P3D where mounded snow appeared. Many DC-3 flights out of there.

Off to chat to the Bank Manager.

TTM

Edited by TigerTigerM
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2024 at 1:12 PM, TigerTigerM said:

Nice to see more examples of Marcus's craft. The deft touches.

Love the smoking hut in the lake near Umea.

Kiruna has always been a favorite, I think one of the 1st in P3D where mounded snow appeared. Many DC-3 flights out of there.

Off to chat to the Bank Manager.

TTM

 

Thanks mate ;)

Appreciate the kind words!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, OY-RCC said:

Also excited about these airports!😀


Just a small note: On the screenshots I see runway centerline lights and taxiway centerline lights in Kiruna. 

But according to their AIP they don't have this:

https://aro.lfv.se/Editorial/View/13829/ES_AD_2_ESNQ_en

(parts 2.14 and 2.15)

 

 

Thank you! :)
And whops you are actually correct, my bad. Will have that corrected but might not be time before for the initial release, but will have that patched later in that case. Good finding!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

 

Thanks mate ;)

Appreciate the kind words!

 

Is there a disclosable release date?

Had a look at the current Umea yesterday & it looks to be an interesting airport, with 1 approach sort of 'up the river'

TTM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Is there a disclosable release date?

Had a look at the current Umea yesterday & it looks to be an interesting airport, with 1 approach sort of 'up the river'

TTM

 

Can only say it will be released in days and not weeks :)

 

Umeå got some really nice approaches, like you noticed. We got a sauna boat on the finals (I bet many people didn't know that existed! ;) ) and also added the botnia rail track bridge that runs cross the small island you pass by on finals. Quite a scenic approach.

On the other hand, from the other direction you get finals right over a big shopping mall with IKEA, and what is more swedish than seeing the latest offerings at IKEA while landing? ;)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

 

Can only say it will be released in days and not weeks :)

 

Umeå got some really nice approaches, like you noticed. We got a sauna boat on the finals (I bet many people didn't know that existed! ;) ) and also added the botnia rail track bridge that runs cross the small island you pass by on finals. Quite a scenic approach.

On the other hand, from the other direction you get finals right over a big shopping mall with IKEA, and what is more swedish than seeing the latest offerings at IKEA while landing? ;)

 

 

I saw Jonathan Beckett had a preview video up on YT yesterday so thought it can't be too far away.

Ah, Ikea - Yes, Swedish meatballs, & I recently built some Billy bookcases for the new house.😗

TTM

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

On the other hand, from the other direction you get finals right over a big shopping mall with IKEA, and what is more swedish than seeing the latest offerings at IKEA while landing? ;)

 

Why does it seem like there's always an Ikea nearby to major airports?  We can see it in many sceneries, and I know Adelaide and Sydney Airport's have one close by.  Maybe they can save on transportation costs? 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

 

I saw Jonathan Beckett had a preview video up on YT yesterday so thought it can't be too far away.

Ah, Ikea - Yes, Swedish meatballs, & I recently built some Billy bookcases for the new house.😗

TTM

 

Glad to hear, almost forgot about the Billy bookcases, those are classics!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

 

Why does it seem like there's always an Ikea nearby to major airports?  We can see it in many sceneries, and I know Adelaide and Sydney Airport's have one close by.  Maybe they can save on transportation costs? 😅

 

Probably to calm nervous swedes heading on vacation that the meatballs are not far away when they land ;)

 

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

 

Probably to calm nervous swedes heading on vacation that the meatballs are not far away when they land ;)

 

we have an Ikea about 5 minutes from my house, I only go with the wife on a promise of either the meatballs or a hotdog, otherwise I ain't going...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks fantastic, as always with your work @Marcus Nyberg! Definitely looking forward to get these!

 

Just one question, based on the descriptions, it doesn't mention anything about interiors for Umeå, but it does so for the other two airports. Given the screenshots, it looks like Umeå got some interiors too, but could maybe be good to clarify it in the text, if that's the case? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maelmoor said:

Looks fantastic, as always with your work @Marcus Nyberg! Definitely looking forward to get these!

 

Just one question, based on the descriptions, it doesn't mention anything about interiors for Umeå, but it does so for the other two airports. Given the screenshots, it looks like Umeå got some interiors too, but could maybe be good to clarify it in the text, if that's the case? Thanks!

 

They all got interiors, but as with all my products they are mainly meant to be experienced from the outside, just creating some depth for the airside experience :)

I'll update the discription :) 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

 

They all got interiors, but as with all my products they are mainly meant to be experienced from the outside, just creating some depth for the airside experience :)

I'll update the discription :) 

 

 

Thanks! Assumed so, and that is all good, it adds a lot to the immersion!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...