Orbx Central Sales.... Simplify

boetie

Am I missing something? If there is an announcement of "specials" , but in Central they are listed willy nilly here and there under different partners , there is a certain amount of searching required to find the Sale items? Is there an option I'm not seeing that shows all current promos from all developers under the one tab? There are now many partners and a single "on Special" tab would simplify my spending.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Hello,

As of today, there are 1446 products at Orbx Direct.

Regardless of the sale, it will take some time to browse through them all.

The layout of an online store can never satisfy everyone but my suggested course of action would be to make
some choices before starting to look.
Which area of the planet and which simulator you are buying for would be two good decisions.
Once that is decided, you can open the Europe page, for example and then from the drop-down, select for  example,
just MSFS.
You will then be presented with a list, each reduced price product price will be in red and crossed out, with the sale price next to it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, boetie said:

First world problems...... heavy sigh :)

So right!

Out of curiosity, I opened Orbx Direct and scrolled through all the MSFS products at a speed where I could read the product names and also see the red sale prices.

It took me 6 minutes and 55 seconds.

There are currently a lot of products on sale, so a filter of only things on sale would still have a pretty long list. 

Within each region you can already sort by Name, New, Price, and Partner, so you can already get the lower sale priced products listed first.

I'm not against the ability to generate complex searches of the product library. 

As the numbers of products grows, the time it takes to scan through the products will grow too. 

Being able to filter searches by tags such as: product type (Airport, Cityscape, Mesh), airport type (Grass, Paved, GA, Regional, International), developer, country, best selling, or other tags, would be nice.  However, I don't currently find it unduly difficult to just scan through the current products.

A "benefit" of scrolling through the whole list is that I sometimes stumble upon products that I would not have thought to search for.

Everybody is different, but I am more likely to get a product that I have a personal interest in, than I am to buy something just because it is on sale.

Happy holidays!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, boetie said:

Still clunky. In this day and age there must be a way for IT to group all together. Maybe it's deliberate?

17 hours ago, Matt McGee said:

A "benefit" of scrolling through the whole list is that I sometimes stumble upon products that I would not have thought to search for.

It is probably deliberate, because it is mainly a benefit a for the seller, that custumers are buying things they did not itend to buy in the first place.

It is the same like many supermarkets are repositioning their selling goods on a regular basis only to force the buyers to stroll through the shelves finding the product they are looking for and this way coming across something they originally haven't ought to buy.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, tom2rific said:

Doen't seem to be working very well

Seems to work fine for me and some other people who have replied too.

The OP’s suggestion that “a single "on Special" tab would simplify my spending”, seems to directly conflict with your own complaint, “Some of the lists are long so I usually give up.”

Given the number of products on sale, a list of all sale items would be correspondingly long, thus exceeding your attention span.

The current format of first selecting a category of interest (ie. Europe) results in a shorter list of products that you can then sort for an even shorter list of products to look at.

My guess is that most people have specific airports, counties, or developers that they are interested in.  Not just “something on sale”.

Just open the region where the interest is and sort the products by name, price, or developer.

Whether I am looking for a specific airport, or just scanning the products in a particular country, OC and Orbx Direct seem pretty straightforward to me.

Just my personal opinion.

22 hours ago, wolfko said:

It is probably deliberate, because it is mainly a benefit a for the seller, that custumers are buying things they did not itend to buy in the first place.

I would say that organizing products by theIr geographic region and making them sortable by name, price, and developer is both logical and intended to simplify customers finding what they are interested in.

Orbx isn’t moving around products like a supermarket.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2023 at 9:56 AM, boetie said:

Still clunky. In this day and age there must be a way for IT to group all together. Maybe it's deliberate? First world problems...... heavy sigh :)

I took a look at another site, where there is an "On Sale" category.
It contains 382 products on 10 pages.
Because the category is "On Sale", they are randomly for several simulators and 
several types of product on each page.

As I mentioned:

On 12/22/2023 at 5:32 PM, Nick Cooper said:

The layout of an online store can never satisfy everyone

As ever, Orbx will, after Christmas, consider all customer feedback and thanks for providing it.

As this is Christmas day, Seasons Greetings to you all. 🎄

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I took a look at another site, where there is an "On Sale" category.
It contains 382 products on 10 pages.
Because the category is "On Sale", they are randomly for several simulators and 
several types of product on each page.

As I mentioned:

As ever, Orbx will, after Christmas, consider all customer feedback and thanks for providing it.

As this is Christmas day, Seasons Greetings to you all. 🎄

Thank you Nick as always. Merry Christmas mate :)

• Like 2

thing is everyone won't be happy, that's human nature I'm afraid, however it is okay to say you find it slow and clunky or you think it's great, it's your own opinion...

Hope you all had a great day yesterday, put on a few pounds maybe?...Merry Christmas...

• Like 2

On 12/26/2023 at 5:21 PM, BradB said:

If changes are made , the marketplace on MSFS is the way to go . So much easier to find sale items ........ 🤔🙂

Problem with marketplace is it is slow to update products asobo/MS approval before makinig updates available takes far too long.
But I agree finding sale items is much easier.

• Like 2

Hello,
just to add a few facts:
In the in-game  Marketplace, only Airports can be selected as sale items.
When they are, the list contains 1173 results.

Featured, Aircraft (174), World (82) and Activities (14) are all lists of all the available products,
whether on sale or not and not in sale/not sale order.

Perhaps that is why this icon accompanied the post that you are agreeing with: 🤔

• Confused 1

Sorry Nick unless I'm misunderstanding your post all 4 headings can be sorted by sale items only by selecting the relevent heading and then selecting either on sale, free or bundles and packs. you can also filter by owned and not owned.

Edited by BrianT

Hello Brian,

I stand corrected, operator error.

However, there are still 1173 airports and even when I ask to see those I don't
own, there are 1097 to choose from.
My point, I think, is that where there is a huge number of items on sale, there will
always be a huge search required, unless a few choices are made before the search begins.

Nevertheless, as I wrote earlier, all suggestions will be considered.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Brian,

I stand corrected, operator error.

However, there are still 1173 airports and even when I ask to see those I don't
own, there are 1097 to choose from.
My point, I think, is that where there is a huge number of items on sale, there will
always be a huge search required, unless a few choices are made before the search begins.

Nevertheless, as I wrote earlier, all suggestions will be considered.

Hey we've all been there Nick 😂 can't see the wood for the trees and I think that's really the OP's point. At the end of the day Orbx will do what Orbx feel is right for them addng functionality would only improve the process and as you said Orbx will consider it ands that's all we can ask. 
If people don't want to use the addiitonal functionality that's fine, it's just a filter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 2c worth... imagine if you asked your local supermarket to put all the specials in one aisle so you didn't need to walk past the normal priced produce to find things on special. 

What do you think the reaction would be? 

Your average supermarket sells all manor of products ranging from dairy, baked goods, seafood, fruit and veggies, pharmacy products, hardware products, stationery, frozen food, confectionary, pet food, magazines, gift cards, alcohol ...... plus DOZENS more, all dedicated to their own aisles.

Orbx Central sells primarily scenery and aircraft. 

7 hours ago, John Dow said:

My 2c worth... imagine if you asked your local supermarket to put all the specials in one aisle so you didn't need to walk past the normal priced produce to find things on special. 

What do you think the reaction would be? 

Not the best analogy as supermarkets would have to physically move stock and so would rightly tell you to do one! This is a few lines of code that would allow sorting of sale items, and would only need to be written once.
Orbx's reaction as Nick has said twice now is "we'll consider it" which is all we can ask for

I do find it strange that some people appear to be against something which wouldn't affect them in the slightest but would benefit others...bizarre

Edited by BrianT
  • Like 1

I think it'll be an uphill battle to get Orbx to adopt a sales strategy that goes against the principles of a commercial vendor, but as Nick says the suggestion will be considered.

11 minutes ago, BrianT said:

I do find it strange that some people appear to be against something which wouldn't affect them in the slightest but would benefit others...bizarre

From the developers point of view, who after all are the ones who put in the long tedious hours to develop the sceneries, a mixing of full price and sales items will always be advantageous.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1