P3Dv6 is now recognizable in Orbx Central

greggd

The only item i had in my P3Dv6 was the True Earth Great Britain Libraries. Probably something they used as a test and was ready. It showed up in my products as i had it for v 4 -5 p3d.  But for me at this moment there is nothing in the store

4 hours ago, black_zed said:

But the store is not working at all - nothing is shown.

Old libraries are found, but no product is recognized nor is it available for download.

Orbx Central isn't working here at all , I mean it recognizes P3Dv6 and that's it, nothing else is avalable neither the store nor the libraries, old ones and new ones nothing is showing for P3Dv6 . 

Can someone give any help?

I have True Earth Great Briten and loaded it into V6. But that`s not True Earth that`s loaded nothing like it. And now some have lost the V6 tag that was on OLC Europe.

It`s showing as V4 loaded into V6 ???.

Edited by rjlfry

I installed P3D6 today.  Now Orbx Central recognizes P3D6 but does not show any products available.  Also, for some reason Central no longer shows Xplane 12,  Don't know why, but it doesn't matter since after installing Xplane 12 and trying it out I did not do anything further with it and never bought any add ons.  I don't have MSFS installed.

So, the question remains will there be any products made for v6 or not? There are compatibility issues with using v5 products in v6 as stated by users in other forums. If someone associated with Orbx really knows, please let us know.  Please, no opinions or wishful thinking responses. I think we've all heard enough of those. Thanks.

• Like 2

After working with P3D6 all afternoon I can say you can get it looking pretty good out of the box if you fiddle with it enough.  Medford, which I fly out of a lot, looks OK, not as good as with Oregon True Earth but at least the streets are not blue.  Klamath Falls looks pretty good, maybe because its a National Guard training base and got a little extra attention.  If you turn off volumetric clouds the clouds look pretty good with the right lighting and you can get a reasonable balance between the brightness of the the scenery and the brightness of the cockpit via tone mapping.  Water on the runways looks pretty good, better that Xplane 12.  The worse thing is the trees.  They look pretty bad.  All in all, I think its better than version 5.  Needs Orbx obviously, however.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2023 at 3:54 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,
the only product that shows at the moment is the True Earth Great Britain Libraries and they are indeed not 
a True Earth product.
They are just the required Libraries that are installed with the True Earth products.

Dear @Nick Cooper, so this means that products like, Global, Europe LC, Vector... aren't yet ready to be installed into P3Dv6 through the Central?

1 hour ago, Anna Cicognani said:

Yes the changes to Central have been deployed as you all have noticed 😉

We will be looking at v6-ing some products, depending on demand and complexity.

One baby step...

thanks for the update, baby steps are good so you can avoid a complete failure on release...

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 5:40 AM, Anna Cicognani said:

Yes the changes to Central have been deployed as you all have noticed 😉

We will be looking at v6-ing some products, depending on demand and complexity.

One baby step...

Just creating frustration...

Seeing an empty v6 product list looks like a bad joke 😡

Gérard

• Like 2

So far I have loaded about a dozen Orbx airports into V6, mostly in Oregon and Northern California.  They look better in v6 due to better lighting effects. The only two that are not usable due to big elevation errors are Siletz Bay and Rohnerville.  Gradually working my way south.

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed ALL my addons from v4 into v6 using Orbx Central and they work fine. With one exception which is being looked at by Orbx. I installed through Orbx Central and not the way offered by Orbx, which means Central can still manage my scenery library, which is crucial from preventing sim lock up in the future as I install more addons into the scenery library and they shift about within the priority order. I can verify the files when needed and use the config menus to set up the addons to work with other addons as normal. This cant be done if you install all of them by linking them as shown by Orbx. 

I do hope Orbx choose to make their work shine like it has done in the past by updating the models and textures to take advantage of the supported 8K texture resolution of P3Dv6 and also allow their products FULLY PBR in line with the sim to take advantage of the new effect features within v6 such as rain puddles and lighting advancements. If they did, their products would not only increase the fidelity of the sim, also it would showcase their own work better as they have done in the past when they first released these addons into flight simulation. I would rather wait for proper updates than have port overs come in. 🙂

2023-11-6_7-53-24-589.png

On 11/13/2023 at 7:02 AM, CaptainLens said:

I have installed ALL my addons from v4 into v6 using Orbx Central

Do you mean, using a "trick" ?

Because my Orbx Central show empty list in store or owned when I select Prepar3d V6 in the drop down list of simulator :(

On 11/13/2023 at 7:02 AM, CaptainLens said:

With one exception which is being looked at by Orbx

Could you explain ?

Thanks - Gérard

53 minutes ago, gaab said:

Do you mean, using a "trick" ?

Because my Orbx Central show empty list in store or owned when I select Prepar3d V6 in the drop down list of simulator :(

Could you explain ?

Thanks - Gérard

Yes, In Orbx Central for v6 it is now empty. They removed the TrueEarth Libraries for some reason, Im sure very soon most of their products will be available in Central to install. 

When v6 first came out, I didnt want to wait to use Orbx in v6 so I (which I made a video on You Tube to show how to do it) made it so that Central would install either v4 or v5 items into v6 as the file directories and process was the same from previous versions of P3D with great success. Everything works fine if you look past the fact that none of their items are PBR ready for v6. Luckily LM made legacy items work with v6 with minimal loss of quality. Of course we need Orbx to properly update their products for v6 using the latest features of that sim, to make the most of the addons they have created. 

So yes if you go into Central, v6 will be empty but for me, if I go into v4 (which I made Central think was v4 when its really v6) then I have all my bought products there and I can install them into v6 and have Central still manage the sim like it should. 

I believe an Orbx developer showed how people could use v5 addons from their account work in v6 now (if they are installed as a library item) by copy and pasting a few lines of code then re-numbering them all. The only issue with this is that Central will not manage the sims scenery library like it should and having everything installed by XML causes problems in the future when installing more scenery items straight into the library. It can actually lock out the library from loading. 

my way, I wont have that and everything works fine. 

V6 is a big improvement over v5.  The improved lighting makes some of the scenery really beautiful and certainly more 3 dimensional and realistic.  But since most diehards have just ported over all their sluff, maybe some new scenery for v6 is coming along?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bullfox said:

V6 is a big improvement over v5.  The improved lighting makes some of the scenery really beautiful and certainly more 3 dimensional and realistic.  But since most diehards have just ported over all their sluff, maybe some new scenery for v6 is coming along?

If Orbx could make new sceneries for V6 taking advantage of the new features, it would greatly enhance the sim. Of course this would have a cost, and I wouldn't expect it to be free.

The way things are now , abandoned by all 3rd party addon developers, it'll never thrive

4 hours ago, Bullfox said:

Any new scenery is likely to be more expensive that in the past because the potential market is smaller.

4 hours ago, Bullfox said:

Any new scenery is likely to be more expensive that in the past because the potential market is smaller.

Indeed, that's what I thought

On 11/16/2023 at 4:47 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Orbx are not updating any previous P3D products to fit into P3D v6.

It would probably make more sense to use existing MSFS products to replicate for P3D V6 since they'll already be updated with PBR materials.  Slightly different workflow in 3DSMax, but not drastically different.  But understand it's hard to justify from strictly financial aspect ... maybe toss us a bone for decades of service? :) 

Cheers, Rob.

13 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

It would probably make more sense to use existing MSFS products to replicate for P3D V6 since they'll already be updated with PBR materials.  Slightly different workflow in 3DSMax, but not drastically different.  But understand it's hard to justify from strictly financial aspect ... maybe toss us a bone for decades of service? :) 

Cheers, Rob.

I second that. 

• 4 months later...

Hi I have Orbx and Prepar3D version 6, but the item "Prepar3d v6" does not show up in the Orbx menu. Other flightsims I have do (version 4 and MSFS). How do I get Prepar3D v6 to display in Orbx?

Thanks!