New Zealand update now MSFS.

Iain Emms

took my first flight from Milford Sound - very disappointed - didn't seem to be as good as the previous basic offering

the edges of the water is sooooh sharp - no landings/beaches

The Hard Standing for aircraft and choppers is in the middle of the runway on World map

As I took off in the 152 a bus drove across the runway :o

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, John Heaton said:

took my first flight from Milford Sound - very disappointed - didn't seem to be as good as the previous basic offering

the edges of the water is sooooh sharp - no landings/beaches

If you have installed World Update 12 New Zealand, which I assume most people will do, I think Milford Sound looks best right now if you uninstall Orbx NZ Mesh. 

(That should remove both Orbx-mesh-new-zealand and z_airport-nzmf folders from the Community folder.)

If you want to keep Orbx's NZ Mesh installed for another reason, I still recommend manually removing the z_airport-nzmf folder.  That will fix issues at the airport.

Removing the Orbx-mesh-new-zealand folder will remove the Orbx mesh from all of New Zealand.  It also fixes the current water on the hillside at Milford Sound.

Orbx is looking for your feedback on NZ Mesh issues with World Update 12 installed.

4 hours ago, Matt McGee said:

If you have installed World Update 12 New Zealand, which I assume most people will do, I think Milford Sound looks best right now if you uninstall Orbx NZ Mesh. 

(That should remove both Orbx-mesh-new-zealand and z_airport-nzmf folders from the Community folder.)

I have done all you suggest - and find no change in my earlier comments

the first pic shows a screenshot from my video some 18 months ago  - and the second in a similiar position just now

The 3rd and 4th pics show how wrong the world Map is - the aircraft is in the chosen position on the map
and if one chooses the runway start position - you end up in the trees:rolleyes:

Screenshot 2023-02-25 161036.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-25 163713.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-25 162004.jpg

Screenshot 2023-02-25 162230.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Heaton said:

if one chooses the runway start position - you end up in the trees

Hi John,

Make sure you have removed the folder 'z_airport-nzmf' from your community folder.

As far as I know uninstalling the NZ mesh should remove it but worth double checking.

It was installed by the Orbx NZ mesh to solve issues around the airport pre WU12.

It is now not needed and causes the problems you are describing at the airport.

Like Matt I only see the water creeping up the hillsides if I have the Orbx mesh installed.

All the best,

John

3 hours ago, John Burgess said:

Hi John,

Make sure you have removed the folder 'z_airport-nzmf' from your community folder.

As far as I know uninstalling the NZ mesh should remove it but worth double checking.

It was installed by the Orbx NZ mesh to solve issues around the airport pre WU12.

It is now not needed and causes the problems you are describing at the airport.

Like Matt I only see the water creeping up the hillsides if I have the Orbx mesh installed.

All the best,

John

Hi John - I most definitely removed 'z_airport-nzmf' from my community folder and felt sure about the Orbx Mesh - not there 

and i went and checked in Orbx Central and it clearly showed it was not installed

just for curiousity - I also just checked the "packages official "-in File Explorer - and - BINGO - there it was !!

dont ask me how it got there - I have no idea - unless - I bought it twice - which is not difficult to do with the marketplace system

soooh now to open the sim and have another try

edit - yes that was it - all nice and clean - and the anomaly at Queenstown has gone as well - O/mesh has gone from M/Place

so I can't tell if I did have it twice - unless I wade thro' all my receipts.

thanks to all for the help

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, capt sl said:

Have you seen any issues with it?

I made two heli flights over Auckland City, one with Orbx Landmarks on and another off. I saw several spikes and malformed structures and the harbor bridge looked strange with the Landmarks on, thus I am afraid they don't play well together and I will uninstall it for now.

Anyone to confirm this? If so, does Orbx have any plans to work on a compatible version?

Kind regards, Michael

28 minutes ago, pmb said:

I made two heli flights over Auckland City, one with Orbx Landmarks on and another off. I saw several spikes and malformed structures and the harbor bridge looked strange with the Landmarks on, thus I am afraid they don't play well together and I will uninstall it for now.

Anyone to confirm this? If so, does Orbx have any plans to work on a compatible version?

Kind regards, Michael

Yeah, that's what I gathered reading around. Also around NZAA(payware one) I think there's some issues. Think I'm going to hold off on installing the update till hopefully things get ironed out a bit. Holger mentioned in another  thread they are working on making it compatible.

• Like 1

Thank you both. I read the part on the Mesh but missed the one on the Landmarks. I'm optimistic you'll make Auckland looking great again. Overall, Orbx has done a great job with the NZ update.

Kind regards, Michael