What we are working on - 2023

carlosqr

Hi Carlos. Not sure what you are looking for. Do you mean in flight sim or in general. In flight sim, I am determined to learn MSFS 2020 because, well, because it is the wave of the future. In general, I will work on novels and will print one soon and continue to write the first draft of another. I also will celebrate my 80th birthday and work on surviving another year :). How about you? What are you working on?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hi Carlos. Not sure what you are looking for. Do you mean in flight sim or in general. In flight sim, I am determined to learn MSFS 2020 because, well, because it is the wave of the future. In general, I will work on novels and will print one soon and continue to write the first draft of another. I also will celebrate my 80th birthday and work on surviving another year :). How about you? What are you working on?

That sounds very nice indeed Rodger

I wish you the best for this project of yours ( the novel)

I yes, get the wave of MSFS you won't regret it

I want to learn developing for this sim ;)

Cheers

Carlos

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

I think Carlos is aiming for a 2023 roadmap from Orbx? :)

Yes, mostly that

I have not seen any topic about it and we are already in February so I hope they keep us posted soon

Thank you!

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Orbx has unfortunately dropped off significantly. Not sure what kind of management change they’ve made but the quality of their sceneries have dropped off as well. KPBI for MSFS is nowhere to be seen. Hopefully they get back on track. 

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Dozer16 said:

Orbx has unfortunately dropped off significantly. Not sure what kind of management change they’ve made but the quality of their sceneries have dropped off as well. KPBI for MSFS is nowhere to be seen. Hopefully they get back on track. 

As a beta tester I disagree. I've been simming forever, beta testing for over a decade, and it's expectations that have changed more than Orbx quality. Yes there are differences between sceneries, because different developers have different priorities, and access to detailed information varies between airports, but overall standards are as high as they always been, with some concessions to the constant changes as updates are introduced regularly. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, John Dow said:

As a beta tester I disagree. I've been swimming forever, beta testing for over a decade, and it's expectations that have changed more than Orbx quality. Yes there are differences between sceneries, because different developers have different priorities, and access to detailed information varies between airports, but overall standards are as high as they always been, with some concessions to the constant changes as updates are introduced regularly. 

Thank you for your response. I appreciate hearing a voice from Orbx. I have purchased 140 sceneries, aircraft, etc. from Orbx so I am definetly invested in the company. KCRW is one of your best hands down. Will your team continue development of KPBI (MSFS) or no? It's really the only one I have been waiting for. Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ErikM said:

Thank you for your response. I appreciate hearing a voice from Orbx. I have purchased 140 sceneries, aircraft, etc. from Orbx so I am definetly invested in the company. KCRW is one of your best hands down. Will your team continue development of KPBI (MSFS) or no? It's really the only one I have been waiting for. Thank you. 

As a beta tester I know as much as you until a product appears in the testing area! And nothing for MSFS has yet appeared. But a lot of the modelling is transferable between sims I believe so I would expect that at the very least it is being assessed, but of course it needs to be picked up by a dev or a team within the Orbx sphere. 

• Like 1

I am a bit surprised that not more seems to have been done to develop software that would make it easy to simultaneously develop scenery for all the main simulators.  I would think that would have been a priority by now.  Develop an airport for MSFS, for example, then pass it through the transition software and out  comes the airport in XP12 and P3D.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Dow said:

As a beta tester I know as much as you until a product appears in the testing area! And nothing for MSFS has yet appeared. But a lot of the modelling is transferable between sims I believe so I would expect that at the very least it is being assessed, but of course it needs to be picked up by a dev or a team within the Orbx sphere. 

Thanks for the info John. Hopefully, it’ll remake its appearance in the MSFS world. 

• Like 1

me too.  I'm itching to know what Orbx have in 2023 line-up.  All I read is pretty old news now. It IS February already, MSFS keeps bringing out updates, aircraft, systems changes etc...but a top scenery producer/distributor is still to publish their forecast for the year.  Hopefully v soon.  

• Like 3