About to get a new puppy

boetie

5 hours ago, boetie said:

fTI6ax5.jpg

He's fully vaccinated now and loving his freedom. This pic last night with my daughter and her mate at Coolangatta beach :)

did you get your passport stamped - and a Queensland dog licience :rolleyes::D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, John York said:

The BIG trouble with dogs is they're bloody heart breakers.  They go and die on you far too soon!

This was always my argument with the family John. I remember as a teenager crying for days after our 19 yo cat was put down. He was part of the family before I was born. I was heartbroken. All irrelevant now, I lost the argument and Zimbee has brightened our lives :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John York said:

The BIG trouble with dogs is they're bloody heart breakers.  They go and die on you far too soon!

Agree John, we have six heartbreakers. I'm hoping I go before any of them, and there is a good chance of that. 😄

Don 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 9:51 PM, Nick Cooper said:

I am of course not an authority at all, just a dog owner.
Over here, we have a TV bloke who is very good, if you can see UK You Tubes, there are some excerpts here
dogs behaving very badly - YouTube

If you prefer books, he has this one:

All Dogs Great and Small: What I’ve learned training dogs: Amazon.co.uk: Hall, Graeme: 9781529107449: Books

( I am just an admirer of his common sense approach, I'm not promoting his work. I am sure that every country has someone like him)

There is good advice all over the place, I am sure over there too, but here is some sound English advice:

Dog & Puppy Training - How To Train Your Dog | Dogs Trust

They even have a section devoted to puppies:

Looking after your puppy | Dogs Trust

Well Nick, guess who is about to release an Australian TV series? (by that I mean filmed in OZ with Oz doggies). Looking forward to viewing Graeme's methods. 

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 2

Nearly made a boo boo, and said, I know what that's like 😂, but referring to dogs of course.  Max our beautiful Black lab is suffering the same fate next week. Sorrry Max, but I just can't handle another nine puppies. 🙄 😄

Don

• Haha 2

On 4/29/2023 at 12:50 PM, flyingleaf said:

Big dawgs are great, but the little ones have way more fun. Just look at this pic.:D

image.jpeg.02f08c1af3514909a2d9bd8209a3bea6.jpeg

Just revisited this mate, and the expressions on their faces, particularly the one with the yellow collar  - "really darling". 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sheila and I both love dogs and had one for years and I had one for most of the time I was growing up.  But let's face it.  They have a great failing.  They get you to love them and then bloody die on you.  They're bloody heart breakers!

• Like 1