My weekend from hell.

I will keep this brief, (joking),just to give you an idea of the events. First we were to spend the weekend with my daughter, but on Wednesday, she rang to tell us her Boss was sending her to London, for something to do with her job, that was the first disaster, my wife was to say the least, very very upset. This I thought does not bode well for the weekend coming.

It's our 30th wedding anniversary, so we planned to make it a bit special and spend the weekend in Sydney and visit our daughter. Friday night the wife bought take out,( as you Americans call it), big mistake! Then we went online to check our flight times to find good old Jetstar had changed it from 10:30am departure to 6:15am without notifying us. Just as well we checked. Time to hit the bed as to be there at that time, we had to be up at 2:00am

Around midnight, I had a urgent toilet call -uh oh, and so it went, right through the weekend until late Sunday afternoon just before the flight departed. Between arrival and departure, I had many many trips to the toilet :wacko::(, as you can well imagine. Following on, we had to get a ferry to Mosman Bay, where my daughter lives, we got the wrong one and ended up at the Taronga zoo, so another ferry back to Circular Key, to get the correct one. When we got to Mosman Bay, we found we had to trek up a very steep hill for about 3/4 kilometre which finished with two flights of steps to reach her apartment. My stomach etc was in no condition to do that, and so it was a long slow trip, changing your jocks publicly is very embarrassing. What we had planned, went down the toilet with everything else:unsure: as I had to be in close proximity to.......well you know what. You don't really need to know any more details, if you have a "fertile" imagination you can work it out for yourself, but the almost final straw was the railway guy at station, giving us the wrong platform number and the train was taking us away from the airport not to it. My wife realised this in time, and we got off and got the right one arriving two hours early, suited me, I needed to rest up. By now the "trots" had stopped, and I was just feeling very drained and unwell.

Flight was good, smooth, just what I needed. Last drama was at the parking station, my wife lost the ticket, she lost it between where we paid and the car. We had to try and find  somebody to help us out, going on line for a phone number, we got, "our offices are closed, out hours are 9am - 5pm. After about an hour we finally got a guy who works for the airport who got a person who works for the parking place, who raised the boom, and we were on our way home, total time nearly two hours. It was a long trip home, as my wife went into lala land and missed the turnoff. More than enough said!!

Don

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Blimey Mate - you could have got all that into - "My weekend gave me the S#%^s" - with a capital "S":rolleyes:

BTW - Happy 30th anniversary to you both !! --- Does she know she bought you a new PC for the event:D

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Congratulations, Don. The screenwriters will arrive on Wednesday. Hollywood bought the option and is making it into a movie :).

Thanks Rodger, yep I have to agree, its reads like a movie script. In my 84 years I have never experienced anything like this before, and never want to again. Are the guys bringing their cheque books, I want to make a few bucks out of this. :lol:

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

There is already a movie out called,

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Staring Steve Martin and the late John Candy.

Perhaps you could call it, Planes, Trains, Automobiles

and Runs.:D

cheers

Gumby

Maybe we could do a sequel Gumby, but I'm NOT playing the lead role, I've "donated" enough as it is :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Blimey Mate - you could have got all that into - "My weekend gave me the S#%^s" - with a capital "S":rolleyes:

BTW - Happy 30th anniversary to you both !! --- Does she know she bought you a new PC for the event:D

That word is NEVER to be used in my presence again John :D. Thanks for the congrats, and sssssshhhh about the new computer, but I think she knows, hard to hide those big boxes.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 4:30 AM, Aussieflyer38 said:

I will keep this brief, (joking),just to give you an idea of the events. First we were to spend the weekend with my daughter, but on Wednesday, she rang to tell us her Boss was sending her to London, for something to do with her job, that was the first disaster, my wife was to say the least, very very upset. This I thought does not bode well for the weekend coming.

It's our 30th wedding anniversary, so we planned to make it a bit special and spend the weekend in Sydney and visit our daughter. Friday night the wife bought take out,( as you Americans call it), big mistake! Then we went online to check our flight times to find good old Jetstar had changed it from 10:30am departure to 6:15am without notifying us. Just as well we checked. Time to hit the bed as to be there at that time, we had to be up at 2:00am

Around midnight, I had a urgent toilet call -uh oh, and so it went, right through the weekend until late Sunday afternoon just before the flight departed. Between arrival and departure, I had many many trips to the toilet :wacko::(, as you can well imagine. Following on, we had to get a ferry to Mosman Bay, where my daughter lives, we got the wrong one and ended up at the Taronga zoo, so another ferry back to Circular Key, to get the correct one. When we got to Mosman Bay, we found we had to trek up a very steep hill for about 3/4 kilometre which finished with two flights of steps to reach her apartment. My stomach etc was in no condition to do that, and so it was a long slow trip, changing your jocks publicly is very embarrassing. What we had planned, went down the toilet with everything else:unsure: as I had to be in close proximity to.......well you know what. You don't really need to know any more details, if you have a "fertile" imagination you can work it out for yourself, but the almost final straw was the railway guy at station, giving us the wrong platform number and the train was taking us away from the airport not to it. My wife realised this in time, and we got off and got the right one arriving two hours early, suited me, I needed to rest up. By now the "trots" had stopped, and I was just feeling very drained and unwell.

Flight was good, smooth, just what I needed. Last drama was at the parking station, my wife lost the ticket, she lost it between where we paid and the car. We had to try and find  somebody to help us out, going on line for a phone number, we got, "our offices are closed, out hours are 9am - 5pm. After about an hour we finally got a guy who works for the airport who got a person who works for the parking place, who raised the boom, and we were on our way home, total time nearly two hours. It was a long trip home, as my wife went into lala land and missed the turnoff. More than enough said!!

Don

That's one hella of a weekend there man!

• Like 2