Beautiful Model of the World

paulb

21 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Who are they Paul? I'm not seeing anything in Orbx Central related to Models of the World.

Same here Rob. I have seen their products on sale in the MS Marketplace and purchased a couple there. I think the developer might be based in Eastern Europe?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rob Abernathy said:

I'll check the marketplace then.  Do you know the name of the company or developer?

Yes Rob, they are called "Beautiful Model of the World". If you go on the Marketplace and choose airports, they are listed under the "creators" filter.

• Thanks 2

It's great to see Alexey's work become part of the Orbx portfolio.
My interest is picqued by all the previous positive comments about his work.

I have a question though. Will he be able to provide updates to his products following any SU or WU that Asobo release?
My concern is given the geopoltical issues he faces, buying one of these add-ons doesn't necessarily mean a quick set of updates, nor any updates at all.

I would be interested to hear what assurances Orbx management can give that these add-ons won't become essentially become abandonware.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Ummmm I think politics doesn't belong in this forum in any shape or form.

@Nick Cooper

I get that John, but the Australian Government does not agree with you. I'm genuinely interested how an Australian registered business can sell a Russian registered business product. By the way, I've bought his products so I'm a hypocrite here. I just though Orbx might want to shed light on this and reassure customers it's not in breach of any sanctions. No need to @Nick Cooper lol

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, MurrayD said:

I get that John, but the Australian Government does not agree with you. I'm genuinely interested how an Australian registered business can sell a Russian registered business product. By the way, I've bought his products so I'm a hypocrite here. I just though Orbx might want to shed light on this and reassure customers it's not in breach of any sanctions. No need to @Nick Cooper lol

Speaking from my perspective I would say two things

1.- If it happened is becuase they found the legal way to do it, so don't worry. Maybe his products are registered under another region, The Netherlands, perhaps? They are also available in the marketplace, right?

2.- Then, based on the statement by John and agreed by Nick, "politics doesn't belong in this forum in any shape or form", I would recommend if yet interested, to send a private message to NIck, as the topic is too sensitive and can start a fire, then posting here won't be allowed as they will close this topic to avoid issues.

Cheers Murrat, happy weekend

Carlos

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1