Wings folded.....

paulb

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Love the map and the shots Paul , just make sure you fold up your map and wings when finished with your flight . :wub:B):D

Thanks John :). The map is useful for spotting the different Orbx airports around London.

Yes sir, I have a checklist to action before I leave the Hellcat! :D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, adambar said:

Those people standing there probably aren't to happy with that windmill churning in front of them. :D

Excellent captures Paul. :)

Thanks Adam :). They are OK as the wind is blowing away from them. Having said that, the engine noise is a different matter! :o:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Caluma65 said:

A great set of shots Paul.  I have never seen, nor heard of this aircraft before.  Superb.  Cheers,

Calum

Many thanks Calum :). The Hellcat was designed to replace the earlier F4F Wildcat and counter the Japanese Mitsubishi A6M “Zero”. The Grumman F6F became the United States Navy’s dominant fighter in the second half of World War II. Hellcats were credited with destroying a total of 5,223 enemy aircraft while in service with the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, and Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm (FAA) – more than any other Allied naval aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Another lovely set of warbird images from you Paul :) The Hellcat is under sung hero of WWII, so nice of you to put the spot light on the historical bird :) 

Thank you Landon :). Indeed, I guess that it was the dominant fighter in the Pacific for the second half of the war.

• Like 3