STOL

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Caluma65 said:

Great shots Jack.  This is a place I would love to visit in real life.  I've always wanted to do the trek to Everest base camp.  Cheers,

Calum

Thanks Calum.  I used to but have you ever seen how littered Everest is now?  It's downright sad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Calum.  I used to but have you ever seen how littered Everest is now?  It's downright sad.

I have - it's shameful!  I see a group of Sherpa's brought tons of it down in a clean up mission a few years back but I believe it is still a mess.  Cheers,

Calum

• Like 1

I have - it's shameful!  I see a group of Sherpa's brought tons of it down in a clean up mission a few years back but I believe it is still a mess.  Cheers,

Calum

Wow.  I didn’t know they did that, I’d read that removing stuff was too risky.  I’m glad they did though and hope they clean it all up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow.  I didn’t know they did that, I’d read that removing stuff was too risky.  I’m glad they did though and hope they clean it all up.

I think that had always been the official party line but the Nepalese government seem to have used the covid shutdown to undertake a mission to remove several tonnes of rubbish.  Looks like they aslo managed to retrieve a few of the bodies as well.  Interesting article on it below.  Cheers,

Calum

Article: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/6/5/four-bodies-11-tonnes-of-rubbish-collected-in-everest-clean-up

• Like 1

I think that had always been the official party line but the Nepalese government seem to have used the covid shutdown to undertake a mission to remove several tonnes of rubbish.  Looks like they aslo managed to retrieve a few of the bodies as well.  Interesting article on it below.  Cheers,

Calum

Article: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/6/5/four-bodies-11-tonnes-of-rubbish-collected-in-everest-clean-up

Thanks Wayne.  I've always felt sad for those poor souls still up there.  Glad they could remove them for the families, it's just respectful.

• Like 1

I read a book recently and there was a very well known route that was now very much a tourist hike, they said how some were out as if they were on a hike through the fields but also someone that had died and their body was still there was used as a guidance point, very sad I thought...

• Like 1

Just now, wain71 said:

I read a book recently and there was a very well known route that was now very much a tourist hike, they said how some were out as if they were on a hike through the fields but also someone that had died and their body was still there was used as a guidance point, very sad I thought...

:unsure: