Do you know the way.....

paulb

....to San Jose :)

Just a few shots of KSJC San Jose International Airport, California, USA (MSFS).

San Jose's first airline flights were Southwest Airways Douglas DC-3s on the multistop run between San Francisco and Los Angeles, starting in 1948.

1869268320_sanjoseb.thumb.jpg.f1c15dc18eec7c869b2206347e3dfeda.jpg

1765353563_sanjosec.thumb.jpg.560be4d46813bae8acc3dcd4e4bdb858.jpg

381594036_sanjosee.thumb.jpg.466c571820dc1da8e4894ff7e6d4dab1.jpg

1229610326_sanjosef.thumb.jpg.de7365a74dbfb5ee74c483b00387887b.jpg

502406527_sanjoseg.thumb.jpg.2afae00498d9922e06f60305d9ff4d23.jpg

997361091_sanjoseh.thumb.jpg.5238c5caddcc6180ab82290424bffb8e.jpg

980752319_sanjosei.thumb.jpg.9c126e2f096463b58599c38004bab5ce.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent shots Paul.  Never been to San Jose, it looks like it's a nice area.

Thanks Jack :). I have never been to the west coast of the USA. Visited and stayed at a number of places around the east coast.

What's the song? California Dreaming :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Paul, now I am going to have that song on my mind for the rest of the evening!:lol:

A wondrful set of images like this makes it all worthwhile.:)

Many thanks Martyn :). Well it's a nice song and I always enjoyed Dionne Warwick ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Caluma65 said:

Gloriuos set of shots Paul.  I really like the interesting hand display on the building - that's cool.  Cheers,

Calum

Thanks Calum :).

Fentress Architects were responsible for the terminal design. The sculpture is 'Hands' by Christian Moeller. 

This piece takes the form of an architectural curtain wall composed of two layers of galvanized chain-link fence and approximately 400,000 white plastic discs. It stretches over the entire length of 1250 feet, along the seven story tall eastern facade of a rental car parking garage of the San Jose airport. Built 2009/2010.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Very nice screenies, Paul. One of the airports I have bought but then never visited...oh well.

Thank you Bernd :). Well, I purchased quite a number in the recent sale and am still working my way through them! 

• Like 2

great shots there Paul, love the hands, great detailing...

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Very nice screenies, Paul. One of the airports I have bought but then never visited...oh well.

I think we all have a few of them...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

For me that would be lovely. But probably the neighbors would call the police... :P

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I’d need ear plugs! :lol:

Who knows? Martyn might have a fantastic tenor voice rivaling Pavarotti? ;):D

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Some beautiful images of San Jose Paul. A very nice but expensive area of Cali. The Bay area is one of the most expensive places to live in the USA. 

Thank you Landon :). I didn't know that it was so expensive there. 

• Like 2

Just now, paulb said:

I didn't know that it was so expensive there. 

Yes, for many reasons, but one of the biggest is that it is Silicon Valley, so lots of big tech companies that originally started in the Bay Area. California cost of living is just high in general, so that adds to it. There are lots of other factors, but that is a discussion for another place ;) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Yes, for many reasons, but one of the biggest is that it is Silicon Valley, so lots of big tech companies that originally started in the Bay Area. California cost of living is just high in general, so that adds to it. There are lots of other factors, but that is a discussion for another place ;) 

After reading your comment Landon, I wondered if Silicon Valley was an important factor. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

For me that would be lovely. But probably the neighbors would call the police... :P

We don't have neighbours, I had the window opened when singing in the shower and they moved out. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, paulb said:

Who knows? Martyn might have a fantastic tenor voice rivaling Pavarotti? ;):D

My voice is not a tenner, not even 10 cents.:wacko:

Besides my shower would not be big enough for Pavarotti to get into.:o

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Not a good idea as I only sing well in the shower!:o:ph34r::lol:

Sorry to refuse this offer, but under such circumstances our duet will surely not come alive.

On the other hand: who said we need to sing well, your neighbors won’t mind as we saw…

• Haha 3