Going on holiday Part 3

paulb

I should have realised that all of the hotels would be fully booked in August :rolleyes:.

So I rang a friend who had a motor cruiser in Skianthos. He kindly said that I could stay on his boat for my holiday....................

897554638_boata.thumb.jpg.00b1074f1cec0a347e9c5dae56989aad.jpg

Skianthos town is immediately to the west of the airport

1417062352_boatc.thumb.jpg.9c8e504d8c0f503e521999aacf1fa0e2.jpg

Although there are hotels dotted around the island, the town is the major settlement

781907550_boatd.thumb.jpg.1235d7600c144d0bf9a6c5e80e7a9566.jpg

A nice boat, we even had a TV below deck

1919759780_boate.thumb.jpg.732d2f7e3ccd089709b2275bfc9e4fb3.jpg

This is looking East from the town

1499277918_boatf.thumb.jpg.144b99ffae05d423e3eedde99f74c216.jpg

As we pass the harbor, we can see the ferry which links the island with both Greece and Italy

469297645_boatg.thumb.jpg.06326786dbc5d5a9987482f1c728d650.jpg

Soon we reach the edge of the small town

1441238878_boath.thumb.jpg.8509cc2a0439a527edb0edd7a943af6f.jpg

As it is not a large cruiser, my friend told me that I would have to share a cabin for the night. 

585637881_boati.thumb.jpg.6d20ed403193b5d29b232adf6ab4c7a9.jpg

A boat is an easy way to explore the coastline. I had a great holiday.

853552956_boatj.thumb.jpg.cd068b46785b6874cb6508dcadca5967.jpg

The final part of my holiday follows soon ;)

Orbx LGSK Skianthos in MSFS

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, wain71 said:

superb set of shots, I really need to organise more time in the sim and see how these boats work...

Thanks Wayne :). The boats are very easy, once you get them in the water. Just like having an aircraft, but simpler.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BradB said:

Smart man , after seeing news reports of the travel chaos in the UK and elsewhere ; your 

yacht Paul makes perfect sense . :):angry::D

Thank you John :). Indeed cruising is such a peaceful activity.

• Like 3

Nice Paul but can you please tell me the absolutely exact file for this boat and where I can get it?  I got the ones @adambarused but they're mostly huge oil tankers or ferries.  I'd like a pleasure boat like this.  It would be very much appreciated.

I had massive problems with the other one, I could load a ship and after I went to Content Manager it told me the same ship I just "flew" needed to be installed and when I looked in the Communist folder it showed a different name of the file with a weird _OVT or something at the end.  So I binned the lot of them.  I have an extreme loathing for  nonsense like this.

did google and could find nothing about the underscore (_OVT) extender on the end of the file name.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice Paul but can you please tell me the absolutely exact file for this boat and where I can get it?  I got the ones @adambarused but they're mostly huge oil tankers or ferries.  I'd like a pleasure boat like this.  It would be very much appreciated.

I had massive problems with the other one, I could load a ship and after I went to Content Manager it told me the same ship I just "flew" needed to be installed and when I looked in the Communist folder it showed a different name of the file with a weird _OVT or something at the end.  So I binned the lot of them.  I have an extreme loathing for  nonsense like this.

did google and could find nothing about the underscore (_OVT) extender on the end of the file name.

Hi Jack, I purchased it from Flightsim.to. Go to their site, then go to payware and select boats. There are ten products available at the moment. I went for the Yacht and Sailboat pack V2.1 by Marine RM.Just unzip and put them in the community folder. I have used two of the four so far and they are OK. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, paulb said:

Hi Jack, I purchased it from Flightsim.to. Go to their site, then go to payware and select boats. There are ten products available at the moment. I went for the Yacht and Sailboat pack V2.1 by Marine RM.Just unzip and put them in the community folder. I have used two of the four so far and they are OK. 

Excellent, thanks Paul.  I haven’t spent much time there so I didn’t even know they had payware.  I’ve always been partial to Orbx products.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wonderful shots, Paul !!

13 hours ago, paulb said:

As it is not a large cruiser, my friend told me that I would have to share a cabin for the night.

Next time, you go boating, let me know, my friend. I can give you my SS France for a couple of days. Oh well, the fuel bill might be a tiny bit higher, but then you don't have to share a cabin with anyone. You can even take your family, relatives, friends and then some along for the ride :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Wonderful shots, Paul !!

Next time, you go boating, let me know, my friend. I can give you my SS France for a couple of days. Oh well, the fuel bill might be a tiny bit higher, but then you don't have to share a cabin with anyone. You can even take your family, relatives, friends and then some along for the ride :D

Thank you Bernd. This a very generous offer. An outside cabin with a balcony would be great. Or perhaps we could hold an Orbx members event on board? ;):D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

It's a flightsimulator, it's a weathersimulator and it's a boatsimulator. This thing is really versatile. 

Great shots Paul in a postcard style! :)

Thank you Andreas :). Indeed it is versatile. Trains next? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2