Cork green / white light

wain71

I have just bought this airport, not sure what this is on the roof? it flashes green then white? I have never been to the Airport in Cork though I have been to Cork quite a few times....other than this I really like it..

cork light.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

UFO maybe? Unexplained lights always means it's time to call the X-Files folks ;) 

That's all I got Wayne :D

Landon

Put a cork in it Landon ........B):D

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, wain71 said:

not sure what this is on the roof? it flashes green then white?

The flashing green and white light is an airport beacon. 

Looking at the airfield diagram for EICK, it looks like the actual position of the beacon should be on top the control tower, not on the terminal.

The star indicates the location and "ABN FL W/G" means Airport Beacon, Flashing, White/Green.

image.thumb.jpeg.a367df9bed981e8ffb20e72c2b2a6d10.jpeg

FYI, military airfields have a green / double white beacon.  (This is MSFS default RAF Lakenheath.)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys

I'm really interested in this airport, thought of getting ir today but waited for some shots/feedback.

How do you feel about it? Apart from the aliens? :D

Quality? perfermance? "Feeling?"

Thanks

Carlos

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matt McGee said:

The flashing green and white light is an airport beacon. 

Looking at the airfield diagram for EICK, it looks like the actual position of the beacon should be on top the control tower, not on the terminal.

The star indicates the location and "ABN FL W/G" means Airport Beacon, Flashing, White/Green.

image.thumb.jpeg.a367df9bed981e8ffb20e72c2b2a6d10.jpeg

FYI, military airfields have a green / double white beacon.  (This is MSFS default RAF Lakenheath.)

thanks for this, I couldn't find any info regarding this and just wanted to see if it was correct.....maybe next time I get to see the family I can visit the airport and check it out....

• Like 2