Stay warm our US mates

boetie

Thanks Graeme.  Has been a bit colder than usual here on Long Island, at the northern end of the Middle Atlantic States.  A storm every weekend, including this one.  This one, though no snow (yet).  Rain and fog today, maybe sleet and freezing rain late tomorrow.  Inland areas to the west getting pummeled though.

We supplement our expensive heating oil with a wood burning stove.  Really cutting through the wood this month.

Ken

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, boetie said:

Looks a wee bit chilly in parts. Stay safe mates.

Cheers

Graeme 

Thanks for the concern Graeme. I don't mind the cold though, (it was -10F last night where I live)...builds character ;) 

Landon

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Thanks for the concern Graeme. I don't mind the cold though, (it was -10F last night where I live)...builds character ;) 

Landon

-10?  "A bit brisk!" my father-in-law, who lived in Minnesota, would say. And yes, it builds character!

It doesn't get that cold here on the Atlantic shore, but the damp cold is tough on the old joints.  But makes settling in front of a nice fire so much more enjoyable.  Only problem is a difference of opinion on when I should start said fire.  I like to start it about 4:30-5:00 or so.  He who must be obeyed (Chessie the Cat) insists it should be MUCH earlier, and drives us crazy in the meantime.

Ken

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yes, cats tend to rule the roost. My cat, Indiana Jones, is, right this moment, perched on my printer desk, overwatching me at my computer to ensure that I am simming properly. He has a very judgmental look on his face. 

Landon

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Chessie has cabin-fever. He wants to go out on the porch, but it's too cold. He insists that we should fix it.  After all, when we sit out on the porch it is nice and warm.  All we need to do is go out and sit on the porch and it will be nice and warm.  Cats are very smart, but cause and effect are not necessarily a strong point.

Ken

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ken Q said:

Chessie has cabin-fever. He wants to go out on the porch, but it's too cold. He insists that we should fix it.  After all, when we sit out on the porch it is nice and warm.  All we need to do is go out and sit on the porch and it will be nice and warm.  Cats are very smart, but cause and effect are not necessarily a strong point.

Ken

Yup, Indy loves sitting in my lap on my back porch during the warmer months. But, right now, if I so much as crack the back porch door he is scurrying away for warmth...lol. He wants NO part of the cold and snow. 

Landon

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Howdy guys. I'm sitting here with my ass in the hot sand and watching you guys shivering in the US and Canada. Would hurt my feeling if I had any, that is. But really look at the bright side. At least you don't have to drag a cooler full of ice around in this heat:angry:. Your beer stays cold:P. Cheers from Roody stay safe up there guys.:D

yP0seih.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1