World Update 7

The Orbx Team normally advise what to do after the release, (don't think they have prior information like us as to how well it will all work together) short term we may have to but the team normally manage to get the WU updates working with their scenery after a few days/weeks. Certainly been the case with the other WU updates.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:19 AM, paulk said:

The Orbx Team normally advise what to do after the release, (don't think they have prior information like us as to how well it will all work together) short term we may have to but the team normally manage to get the WU updates working with their scenery after a few days/weeks. Certainly been the case with the other WU updates.

Except in the recent Asobo Q&A they stated Orbx was directly involved in some aspects of WU 7 like the POI's so I think Orbx already knows how the MSFS World update of Australia interacts with all their scenery.

Edited by Dr Smith
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've just updated MSFS WU7 and there's some duplication of bridges with the photogrammetry and Sydney Cityscape are we meant to uninstall the latter until there's an update, I would of thought that Orbx would have an update ready to drop, seeing as Jorg mentioned on the DEv Q&A, how closely Orbx have been working with the MSFS devs on the Australia update?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eaim said:

I've just updated MSFS WU7 and there's some duplication of bridges with the photogrammetry and Sydney Cityscape are we meant to uninstall the latter until there's an update, I would of thought that Orbx would have an update ready to drop, seeing as Jorg mentioned on the DEv Q&A, how closely Orbx have been working with the MSFS devs on the Australia update?

yeah kind of a bummer, to be left in the dark like this, and at the same time seeing them selling the city packs on promotion via orbxdirect ;)

• Like 1

I didn't fly yet after the update, but it's always advisible to delete Scenery Indexes and contents.xml. The easiest way to do so is via the Addon Linker.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DennyA said:

To be fair, it's not like the content of this update will come as a surprise to Orbx. :) It would have been nice if they'd had a post ready for release on compatibility of their existing AU add-ons...

Hop in your plane and check it out! I did! They are all good. 

• Like 1