Christmas 2021, done and dusted.

Hi guys,

Well I survived the mayhem -just, that comes with Christmas to a lot of us. Just to explain a little further. I have remarried some years ago, my wife has four boys and I have three girls, :) yep I can hear you now -  the Brady Bunch. A little further down the track, this equates to twelve (12) grandchildren, so Christmas Day equals a gathering of .............well too damn many, hence the mayhem:D we almost have to hire a hall. Now to add to this, my grand daughter Aime just presented us with a beautiful baby girl, Sharon and I are now Great Grand Parents. It really is hectic and at the end of the day I'm totally b*ggered, but I wouldn't have it any other way.:D

Oh, and I forgot to mention five dogs and four cats.

HAPPY NEW YEAR  TO EVERYONE

Don  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, boetie said:

Wow Don, that sounds like quite a bit of recovery time will be needed.

Best wishes

Graeme :)

About 364 days, I'd guess.

We were never so many, but makes me think of holidays long past: Grandma, Grandpa, mom, aunts,  uncles and six cousins and me.  At Grandma & Grandpa's house, which was my home as well (Mom & I lived with them after my father died when I was two). I always resented it when my two years older cousin sat in MY chair in the dining room with the grown ups, and I was stuck at the children's table.  Well, fast forward almost sixty years.  That cousin is now the family matriarch, and I'm the patriarch.  The last of the earlier generation passed away just over a year ago.  The cousins have scattered all over the country, and even those close by have been out of touch.  The grandparents were the glue that held the  extended family together.

So now, especially with Covid preventing get togethers with friends, holidays have been just the two of us.  But, always a connection to the past: our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are served on the same china, and eaten with the same silverware that graced Grandma's table so many years ago. (I have the glasses too, but they are too fragile to use).

So Don and Sharon, and all the Grandparents in our band of brothers, God bless you.  Enjoy the mayhem!!

Ken

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ken Q said:

About 364 days, I'd guess.

We were never so many, but makes me think of holidays long past: Grandma, Grandpa, mom, aunts,  uncles and six cousins and me.  At Grandma & Grandpa's house, which was my home as well (Mom & I lived with them after my father died when I was two). I always resented it when my two years older cousin sat in MY chair in the dining room with the grown ups, and I was stuck at the children's table.  Well, fast forward almost sixty years.  That cousin is now the family matriarch, and I'm the patriarch.  The last of the earlier generation passed away just over a year ago.  The cousins have scattered all over the country, and even those close by have been out of touch.  The grandparents were the glue that held the  extended family together.

So now, especially with Covid preventing get togethers with friends, holidays have been just the two of us.  But, always a connection to the past: our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are served on the same china, and eaten with the same silverware that graced Grandma's table so many years ago. (I have the glasses too, but they are too fragile to use).

So Don and Sharon, and all the Grandparents in our band of brothers, God bless you.  Enjoy the mayhem!!

Ken

Hi Ken, yep just in time for the next one. Your family, nice story, just a shame Covid had to arrive and spoil the party for you  and so many others. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/27/2021 at 12:17 PM, Sniper31 said:

Wow, that is a houseful for sure Don! Good on you for managing it all ;) Happy New Year to you as well!

Cheers!

Landon

Thanks Landon. to be honest I didn't do much managing, left that to the young'ins :D, but the bedlam is always out of control, how do you do that with 4, 5, 6, 7, etc year olds? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2021 at 2:35 PM, Rob Abernathy said:

Sounds just like my family Don!   Love every crazy minute of it too.  :D   5 kids, 10 grandkids, 8 adults, various critters, and a good time was had by all.

Hey Rob, good to know there are others that have the same the same experiences, and yep you have to grab the   good stuff when it's there, we never know what tomorrow holds for us old jokers:D

• Like 1