Continuing my round the world trip... Or not

Goulash

Currently doing a round the world trip in a Just Flight Piper Arrow III. Parked up at PAKT Ketchikan Airport. Decided to carry on today with my journey to Alaska, loaded in the sim, set everything up and was greeted by this. Wasn't like this when i landed i can assure you. Clearly winter has come. Think i'll fly somewhere different instead :lol:

526866769_Ketchikanminus1.thumb.jpg.37e3ddf31728bbe3a6502c366b5684f9.jpg895775628_Ketchikanminus2.thumb.jpg.b95c3f87423fd2759fe72bd4374116d9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For me it's not the same. I like to use real weather. I mean last week when i landed, you could see the river, now it's just iced up which looks great. When there's ice on my cockpit on the ground, i'll just wait until it clears. Plenty of other flights to do until the weather changes at Ketchikan

• Upvote 2

I agree with Wayne, I admire that you are sticking to real conditions as well. Weather can change so fast, especially in some of the more extreme locales. I think that is part of the fun of flight simming. Keep up the flight!

Landon

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Goulash said:

For me it's not the same. I like to use real weather. I mean last week when i landed, you could see the river, now it's just iced up which looks great. When there's ice on my cockpit on the ground, i'll just wait until it clears. Plenty of other flights to do until the weather changes at Ketchikan

I agree to your philosophy to use real weather. You´d just be better far further south these days ... :D!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Goulash said:

I like to use real weather.

Got it. I've done three flights around the world but never with real weather. You've just given me a challenge for number four. I'm going to do that one in a C182.  I hope.....:)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, larryisenor said:

Try flying up to Yakutat if you have the Orbx Airport. Some nice custom features in the winter.

Larry

Currently the weather is simply too rubbish to take off. I can't see out of my cockpit at all. I'll wait until it warms up a few degrees and then give it a go :D

• Like 1