Sydney Harbour - live weather

renault

6 minutes ago, BradB said:

Stunner's Pete , lots of mates hate the WX after SU7 ; not me I have really been enjoying it . :):(:D

Thanks John

I understand and many have been quite vocal. 

Perhaps a healthy dose of "less is more"  in an update/hot fix would be just the ticket :)

It's as if at times it's all or nothing and you go from none to full on almost immediately.

Playing with the humidity control on presets, I kept thinking if they only made the slider logarithmic rather than linear, then you

would much more gradually be able to ramp up to the desired level.

But its very good that it's implemented.  Just needs a bit of tweaking:)

Cheers & thank you

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I honestly don't have any issue with the new weather in SU7, and it's looked so good to me that I didn't even know there were people unhappy with it. Now if we are talking about the TrackIR issue, well then....but I digress :) 

These screenshots are marvelous Pete, and really showcase the new weather well. Well done fine Sir!

Landon

13 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I honestly don't have any issue with the new weather in SU7, and it's looked so good to me that I didn't even know there were people unhappy with it. Now if we are talking about the TrackIR issue, well then....but I digress :) 

These screenshots are marvelous Pete, and really showcase the new weather well. Well done fine Sir!

Landon

Thanks Landon

I agree with you that it does look very good. My only niggle , and its a very small one is that I would like a bit more sensitivity to the non live weather option with respect to the humidity and time of day , since I enjoy making my own weather presets.  But live weather is a very significant improvment.

I think lots of folks share your concern with TrackIR, but since I don't use that option I don't have that concern.  But from what I understand of the technology, I can see that it would be a significant concern for those who have been using it successfully.

Cheers & thanks again

Pete

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Impressive - both the weather and the Queen Mary. Well, she´s a bit too big for the harbourm the ferries will already be in trouble.

I remember when we visited Sydney, our cruise ship parked in the same spot I believe.  It pretty much took up all the space, so the QM must be something

to see. But the scale in the Orbx rendition does seem to be pretty much accurate

Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth In Sydney | Video, Pictures, Photos (traveller.com.au)

Thanks Gerold.  I am pleased you enjoyed them

All the best

Pete

5 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Great shots Pete, haven't had a chance to explore SU7 as yet.

Don

Thanks Don:)

Have fun with it!

See you

Pete

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Out standing shots Pete, the clouds are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John

I am liking the new update a lot!

See you:)

Pete