Hi there

It happens that I was exploring a Chilean airport and I found these avatars

IHfMU7e.jpg

kG1J22X.jpg

GGV4AtZ.jpg

I don't know what is the technique used to create them or how you add them, I believe these are photographs, at least that's how they look like but the quality and immersion is amazing.

There are many others out there but these in particular called my attetion.

Can Orbx do something similar or even better?

I believe these belong somewhere else....but defenitely not in 2021 almost 2022

x8eNRPZ.jpg

rFnZVql.jpg

I do understand that avatars are not the main goal but due to the increase in creating interios and animated avatars made me wish Orbx to do better with theirs.

Besides, it feels weird that others are doing better than mighty Orbx.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 4

On 10/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, BradB said:

For me , I’m up flying and I could care less about the “scenery” on the ground . :):unsure:

Hi John

Flight simulation is many different things to many enthusiasts.  Sometimes a simple statement such as yours can be open to much interpretation.

I'd like to  think what you really meant is that when one is flying,  ground detail becomes less important, but at other times it is important.  

I know from your many posts supporting both fellow members when they make scenery postings or for that matter when Orbx shows screenshots of a

new offering, which lets be honest,  does offer a very high level of detail and a progress towards realism, that your comments have always been enthusiastic

and supportive.

I've never felt that your comments were anything other than your true feelings about the subject at hand, so I do have to say that I find your comment above

confusing at the least and possibly open to misinterpretation.  I know that you have a "offbeat" since of humour (which I most enjoy)  and I suspect that may

be at play as well :)

Since the introduction of MS2020 I have always followed it as an example of disruptive innovation (lots of google info on the economic theory behind it

if you're interested).  As a result, we continue to see new ways of doing things continually introduced sometimes with  enthusiastic reception by all , but

often with a split between the "wow this is neat " factor  and the "why can't we just leave things as they are" group.  

However, the thing about DI is that companies that embrace the concept of change, who find ways to look at what is new and different and ask themselves

how can we incorporate the concept(s) into our particular way of doing business  so we can grow and offer a stronger product portfolio to our market find the

future can be very bright.

For those who don't , who discount the ideas as unimportant to them, who look at change not as opportunity, but as a disruption to the way they have been

successful in the past, the stark reality is that they simply will someday cease to exist.

For the record I support the original posters perspective 100%.   I feel he is simply saying that the product landscape is changing and is asking the question how

can this be incorporated to make what we use better.   Unfortunately or fortunately , MS2020 has begun to show us what can be possible, if we are all willing

to dream a little and provide our honest feedback and support to all the developers who have made our hobby possible over the years.

Feedback is always a two way communication. They can always show us new and exciting ideas regarding what they can do, but we can also provide them

the important perspective of not only what we like , but what we would also like to see that is pushing the envelope of the "art of the possible". 

Above all else, MS2020 has shown that that the genie is now out of the bottle and he can't be put back in.  All I can say is "thank goodness" - I never expected

so much of what is now happening  to occur in my lifetime.  We are so fortunate to be able to experience a brief glimmer so far of what the future may hold for us.:)

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, renault said:

Hi John

Flight simulation is many different things to many enthusiasts.  Sometimes a simple statement such as yours can be open to much interpretation.

I'd like to  think what you really meant is that when one is flying,  ground detail becomes less important, but at other times it is important.  

I know from your many posts supporting both fellow members when they make scenery postings or for that matter when Orbx shows screenshots of a

new offering, which lets be honest,  does offer a very high level of detail and a progress towards realism, that your comments have always been enthusiastic

and supportive.

I've never felt that your comments were anything other than your true feelings about the subject at hand, so I do have to say that I find your comment above

confusing at the least and possibly open to misinterpretation.  I know that you have a "offbeat" since of humour (which I most enjoy)  and I suspect that may

be at play as well :)

Since the introduction of MS2020 I have always followed it as an example of disruptive innovation (lots of google info on the economic theory behind it

if you're interested).  As a result, we continue to see new ways of doing things continually introduced sometimes with  enthusiastic reception by all , but

often with a split between the "wow this is neat " factor  and the "why can't we just leave things as they are" group.  

However, the thing about DI is that companies that embrace the concept of change, who find ways to look at what is new and different and ask themselves

how can we incorporate the concept(s) into our particular way of doing business  so we can grow and offer a stronger product portfolio to our market find the

future can be very bright.

For those who don't , who discount the ideas as unimportant to them, who look at change not as opportunity, but as a disruption to the way they have been

successful in the past, the stark reality is that they simply will someday cease to exist.

For the record I support the original posters perspective 100%.   I feel he is simply saying that the product landscape is changing and is asking the question how

can this be incorporated to make what we use better.   Unfortunately or fortunately , MS2020 has begun to show us what can be possible, if we are all willing

to dream a little and provide our honest feedback and support to all the developers who have made our hobby possible over the years.

Feedback is always a two way communication. They can always show us new and exciting ideas regarding what they can do, but we can also provide them

the important perspective of not only what we like , but what we would also like to see that is pushing the envelope of the "art of the possible". 

Above all else, MS2020 has shown that that the genie is now out of the bottle and he can't be put back in.  All I can say is "thank goodness" - I never expected

so much of what is now happening  to occur in my lifetime.  We are so fortunate to be able to experience a brief glimmer so far of what the future may hold for us.:)

Cheers

Pete

Thanks for your comments Pete , I usually try to not be so direct . I apologize to anybody that

was offended by my comment. 

John

• Thanks 1

I will not purchase an airport without such things from now on. No way. Touches like this show that the dev isn't just importing FSX models into MSFS and making a Thursday Cashgrab™ release. I just saw a video on Youtube of a forthcoming airport in city I never considered flying to that I'll buy because they have actual animated (not static) people walking around the airport as well as in the terminal. The bar has moved. And the audience has changed and gotten younger. Dead airports ruin the immersion.

• Like 3

I don't think that any offence was taken Brad. The only aspect of your comment I felt odd was your opinion on ground scenery not mattering to you as far as detail was concerned as you would be flying.

Orbx make detailed ground scenery. That was the aspect I found odd:)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

I don't think that any offence was taken Brad. The only aspect of your comment I felt odd was your opinion on ground scenery not mattering to you as far as detail was concerned as you would be flying.

Orbx make detailed ground scenery. That was the aspect I found odd:)

Yes of course Orbx has done great work with P3D and XP for the ground scenery . For me the Bing map and PG scenery is all I really need . 

Wow, when you see those avatars they just scream next gen GFX.

The good old Orbx originals back from the FSX days just no longer cut it, but you do have to take into account the software and hardware capablities of the day.

However it also highlights the issue of a lack of ongoing improvement due to the original platform of FSX being essentually stuck in time, thus a product was always a bake once, release (with a few bug fixes along the way) then forget. Good for profitability but stuck in time.

It also brings the problem of product compatablity (with P3D) where compatable does not nessecarily mean improved.

I guess what with the base GFX bar now having been set quite high and with MSFS being continuosly improved, so too will developers need to also start investing in continous improvement of products.

The software developement company I work for has a %25 yearly premium for support and maintenance which helps fund ongoing improvements and new developement, plus subscriptions are another method also in use to keep steady funding flowing.

Now for the horror BBQ I would never like to be stuck at.... :-)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

But then again there are some quite detailed scenes in older Orbx scenery.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quantum Amiga said:

I guess what with the base GFX bar now having been set quite high and with MSFS being continuosly improved, so too will developers need to also start investing in continous improvement of products.

Thank you for your comment

I also think develorpers out there are constantly seeking to improve.

You can see how many are approaching Orbx's quality stadards, but won't last there...

The race has just started