MSFS v1.19.9.0 Frankfurt City Packs v1.0.0 one massive building appears after update of MSFS

Since I had updated MSFS to version 1.19.9.0 a building is displayed between Frankfurt airport and Frankfurt city center. The building is so huge that it covers wide parts of the city and can be seen from kilometers away. I suppose it is a building shown on an estimated 100 fold bigger scale

Hello Cloudhunter,

welcome to the forums

the solution is to do this:

Delete any rolling cache.
Delete the Content.xml file.
(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)
Delete the simulator .dat files
(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes
The files may be in a different location depending on the version of MSFS.

Before:

769f5ae4719eb48e90b93731bc97e95ab1963717

After:

6d57936144154ca1b6e5ed58b344a94fa30f7826

• Upvote 1

I was unable to see the anomaly as I always Clear rolling cache (I don't use that facility but still run the Clear option), delete Content,xml and scenery indexes after each and every update whether World or Sim.

Best practice and removes any potential for glitches like this one from happening.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dear Nick, dear Jon,
thank you very much for supporting me on the issue. The upper screenshot Nick had posted shows exactly the problem I encounter.
This is the building that appears on my screen when selecting Frankfurt airport for mydeparture and fly towards Frankfurt City Center.
Even though Nick has given detailed advice I am struggling to find respective files on my computer.
But for the time being that should be my problem. I need to consult a friend of mine who is more a techno savy than I am.
In case this mistake could be deleted by an update of the Frankfurt city pack that would be easiest.
For the time being thank you very much for your fast support provided

Hello,

if you have the Microsoft Store version, those are the files.

If you have the Steam version, the same file and folders are by default at 

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\

Windows hides the Appdata folder by default.

To see it, you should visit your Windows File Explorer view settings and tick

"Show hidden files, folders and drives"

Dear all,
I was very happy about the quick support I had received and which solved the issue with the building at the wrong place and size.
One thing I realized when flying over Frankfurt City was:
Now, despite the buildings that are part of Orbx's Frankfurt City Pack, which are nicely displayed as 3D modells,
the vast majority of other buildings are not displayed in a three dimensional mode any more -  now only 2D textures (pictures) are displayed for these.
So there might be still some work to do for Orbx's team to blend the Frankfurt City Pack into the Microsoft Landscape.
Best regards Cloudhunter

Can you post a couple of screenshots to confirm what you are seeing now? Sounds like a problem I was seeing, where the autogen doesn't load. When I saw it I flew along the river for a minute, turned back and the autogen appeared as if by magic. 

Dear all,

regarding the updates:

I had updated to version MS FS 19.9.0, World update VI Germany, Austria and Switzerland,

Orbx I was just checking but honestly I am lost for the time being.
Frankfurt landmarks are not part of the add ons I had bought and when I check on market place I can't find it either - I have no explanation for that

Just for reference here is a screenshot of Frankfurt city with the buildings which I guess are part of Obx' Frankfurt Landmarks and the building surrouding these are 2D images predominantly - before I had cleared the issue of the additional building as shown in the screenshot by Nick with his support

e.g. the power station on the right hand side was surrounded by 3D building.

Sorry to keep so many helpful people busy - it is OK not to respond - maybe I need to wait for an update of Franfurt City Pack (before it disappeared I saw only Version 1.0)

Regards to all that had been involved

grafik.thumb.png.25dfeb8bb0e1be28d2ed981e58285981.png

2 hours ago, Cloudhunter said:

Dear all,

regarding the updates:

I had updated to version MS FS 19.9.0, World update VI Germany, Austria and Switzerland,

Orbx I was just checking but honestly I am lost for the time being.
Frankfurt landmarks are not part of the add ons I had bought and when I check on market place I can't find it either - I have no explanation for that

It does appear to not be in Orbx Direct but is available in Orbx Central. If you don't have any add-ons purchased from Orbx (which install it for you), here's a link to Orbx Central.

For any Orbx scenery, I strongly advise buying direct from Orbx. When purchased direct, updates are available far faster than in the in-sim Marketplace (which I interpret your "market place" entry to be about). While true you do have to use Orbx Central to manage updates, it will tell you any time you open it if there are updates for your installed add-ons. Also, buying direct from Orbx means you can use third party add-on managers to load only the airports/areas/aircraft you want for a particular session.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.7ea43d0bb63698e63fda82173c31e810.jpg

• Like 1