Quick tour of downtown Chicago

Sniper31

Just a short exploratory flight over downtown Chicago after taking off from KPWK Chicago Executive in my Cessa C140 in MSFS. Chicago Landmarks scenery by Drzewiecki Design, KPWK Chicago Executive by FlightFX and the Cessna C140 by Aeroplane Heaven.

Approaching downtown Chicago after flying from KPWK. Some low clouds as we get close.

8R8kNuF.jpg

Out over Lake Michigan, headed back over the city, into the evening sun.

0daBwwH.jpg

Flying over the Windy City and checking out the view looking straight down into the sea of tall buildings.

aENKHw8.jpg

And after checking out what used to be the venerable Meigs Field, we turn the C140 back to the north to head back to Chicago Executive as it's getting late and more cloudy, and no VOR/OBI or GPS installed in this particular Cessna. 

yN8RCkc.jpg

And, we have made it back to KPWK Chicago Executive and time to bring this little bird down safely, park and go find a local pub for a birthday drink or two :) 

alsIBRx.jpg

Thank you all for coming along on my little flight...cheers!

Landon

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Nice tour. Looks not as windy as propsed, Landon.

If we had no Corona, wifey and me would have visited the town last May. I mean, the May before last may. How lockdown times pass by...

Yes, some day Gerold. You and the wife ,of course, are always welcome to stop by Colorado for a visit when you are able to travel again. I always have a guest room and bathroom ready and prepped for visitors :) 

• Like 3

great shots Landon...

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Nice tour. Looks not as windy as propsed, Landon.

If we had no Corona, wifey and me would have visited the town last May. I mean, the May before last may. How lockdown times pass by...

I know how you feel Gerold, we were hoping to go back to Berlin (I was based there in the 80's) but sadly had to shelve plans due to corona, hopefully get there soon...

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots Landon...

I know how you feel Gerold, we were hoping to go back to Berlin (I was based there in the 80's) but sadly had to shelve plans due to corona, hopefully get there soon...

... and how long this takes now... really a life changer.