A few pics from the Telluride CO area

I spent five days last week in and around Telluride and Ouray Colorado, about 5 hours from where I live. A few friends of mine, my girlfriend and I spent the time Jeepin' on the many off-road trails in the area (most are old mine roads) and exploring the little mountain towns. Here are a few pics from the trip, to include one or two of KTEX Telluride Airport as seen from the famous Black Bear Pass trail.

My Jeep

jeqhiTW.jpg

My friends Jeeps

li097MF.jpg

The view of the town of Telluride from Black Bear Pass at an elevation of around 10k feet as taken through my windshield

IhtGTxw.jpg

And last but not least, the view of KTEX from Black Bear Pass trail, in upper left of image

G8dJmwg.jpg

Cheers!

Landon

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great post Landon!!!!!!!!   I go to the South Colorado a couple of times every year to hike and jeep.  Have you done the Alpine loop?

Hi John, yes we did the Alpine Loop (well at least several trails of it...there are so many connectors and such). We ran Mineral Creek trail to the intersection of Engineer Pass and Cinnamon, took Engineer Pass Trail to Lake City, then came back over the mountains on Cinnamon Pass Trail and back to Mineral Creek as we were staying at Ouray Riverside Resort, in one of the little cabins. I still want to go back and hit some other trails that we did not have time for, especially Poughkeepsie Gulch. We also got in Imogene Pass Trail (from Telluride to Ouray) and also ended up running Ophir Pass trail both directions. With the addition of Black Bear Pass Trail it was an overall amazing trip. There are SO many cool off-road trails spread all across Colorado that it has been hard for me to get to the San Juan area, but I made it a priority this year. I also managed a good 5 day Jeep trip to Moab back in July, and will be headed to Leadville CO. in two weeks for some fun on Holy Cross Trail, the hardest trail in Colorado and one of the most challenging in the country. It is a fun trail! 

Maybe we can manage a link up in the San Juan area next time we go and hit some trails together ;) 

Archived