Orbx DLC $cost transparency…

Hi All,

as a relatively new flight simmer, I am surprised at how much I have $spent with Orbx…

P3D

XP11

MFS

it would be nice - like Steam does - to completely list the complete DLC (addons) cost for each platform,

just like Steam does for DCS - for instance…

there will most likely be newcomers to flight sim via Xbox - & a fully disclosed DLC total inventory $cost would seem to be ethical!

Edited by craigeaglefire
ethical emphasis…
  • Sad 1

On the other hand many of us don't want to know what the total cost is. If I ever added up what I've spent over the years I'd probably give up flight sim and go back to whiskey and women.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, W2DR said:

On the other hand many of us don't want to know what the total cost is. If I ever added up what I've spent over the years I'd probably give up flight sim and go back to whiskey and women.

Very true...I must have spent close to £1000 alone since Christmas on MSFS (and countless more on FSX/P3D), but it doesn't seem bad when it's in £20-£40 instalments ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craigeaglefire said:

fun comment, Doug

however, some may prefer full disclosure of total DLC addon $cost,

in the interest of overall fairness.

Probably being dumb but what is it about the current system that isn't fair?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

there will most likely be newcomers to flight sim via Xbox - & a fully disclosed DLC total inventory $cost would seem to be ethical!

Ethical? OMG! 

If it means that much to you, why not keep a spreadsheet with all of your costs by company? That way if they do something that is actually unethical, like lie to you in their imaginary "total inventory $cost" listing, you won't be fooled. I mean I know it makes me sound ancient, but back in the day we tracked our expenses ourselves rather than relying on the cloud. And yet still I never accidentally spent the family fortune on DLC. It is what us old-timers used to call "personal responsibility" before that phrase was deemed offensive.

Edited by Seanmo
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Since MSFS was introduced I have purchase 63 sceneries from Orbx.

If I were to add up the cost of this I would more than likely have a 

heart attack, which at my age I would surely not survive.

Where I would be heading it would be  tad warm and I am

pretty sure that flight simming is not an option.

Therefore I will not worry about the cost and continue to enjoy

my hobbie while I can. Geeze, Orbx have just released another one:banghead:

Kevin 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

just a heads up for new simmers...

the $costs can add up fairly quickly...

this is an excerpt of Steam DCS total DLC cost for interest...

& MFS is bringing many new simmers who may not be aware of the $costs over time...

BZOxpqw.png

$4000+ is a very serious amount of money...

4 hours ago, greybeard said:

Where I would be heading it would be  tad warm and I am

pretty sure that flight simming is not an option.

I'm pretty sure flightsimming is compulsory down there. It makes you suffer by constant CTDs, forcing you to install updates when you don't want want, and stealing all your money. Hey, wait . . .

Edited by SGunard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think more people don’t want this feature oppose to those who do. At the end of the day, if you’re that bothered knowing what you spent. Do want you did and work it out. There’s a big issue with having a total cost as well, it probably won’t take discounts into account and I know I personally bought quite a few items in sales etc, therefore haven’t spent as much as what would be published. 

From a personal point of view, you say it be nice for simmers old and new to know how much they spend, do smokers/drinkers/drug users keep tabs on their outgoings? Personally I don’t drink, smoke, do drugs, so flight sim is my only vice (and the gym) and as long as I don’t spend more than what is in my bank account I’m happy and I think the majority of flight simmers and smart enough in that sense too.

• Like 3

Hello,

all customers should be given the credit that they are able to work out that a thousand purchases of one currency unit each

amount to the same cost as one purchase of one thousand currency units.

There have been rare cases of parents giving small children access to their credit cards and then seeing huge bills, mostly for online

in-game purchases and in that event a one click buy all button would be a very risky option.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2