More time for flying & posting

Stillwater

Now the weather is colder outside here, and Germany is out of the football tournament - means I will have more time left to fire up my sim. Initially for a flight out of the fantastic Juneau scenery with the airport, ...

KKHwoQk.jpg

iCWt90A.jpg

... Mendenhall, ...

yJEQxL8.jpg

... Lemon Creek, ...

ukbPLgT.jpg

... and Juneau city itself.

RdgFSb3.jpg

Heading south past the Taku Fjord, ...

HeovrhS.jpg

... Five Fingers Island...

jLChER5.jpg

... and Petersburg.

D27GNZ4.jpg

Descending over Kadin Island...

cuVIq25.jpg

... and downwind...

Yu3boIO.jpg

...into Wrangell.

Oa0rzaS.jpg

Nice views on the way, paying off for the manual work necessary to install the Tongass Fjords scenery. Many thanks to "Poppet" @Elaine Dixon for the excellent guide on avsim!

• Like 7

Wonderful images Gerold but it has been rather warm to the south in that part of the world of late.

Did you cop any of the storms the other day, I saw a few vids of all the hail and it looked very unpleasant.

Sorry to hear you are out of the football but I have finished with all sport now with all of the nonsense going on so I don't even know any of the scores.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set of shots Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

10 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice shots Gerold, looking very good...

Thanks Wayne.

10 hours ago, John Mac said:

Great set of shots Gerold, enjoyed that!

John.

My pleasure, John!

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Super shots Gerold and nice to see Tongass Fjords again.

It was fantastic to discover that region in detail, together with the RTMM additions. I did this some years ago, now I am just heading southwards...

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful images Gerold but it has been rather warm to the south in that part of the world of late.

Did you cop any of the storms the other day, I saw a few vids of all the hail and it looked very unpleasant.

Sorry to hear you are out of the football but I have finished with all sport now with all of the nonsense going on so I don't even know any of the scores.

Thanks for you detailed comment, Martyn.

a) I have now checked & seen that AS16 does reflect the hot weather in the region currently. 50°C, what a number!

b) The storms have rested in southern Germany, we are in peaceful spring-like weather here. Too much rain for Summer, but harmless.

c) There was just a little awareness to football in the last days. Basically they ignore the pandemic, collect money from dubious sources and take themselves as totally important and intellectual. Keeping this in mind, putting them back into the freezer feels good for me. Especially as we could compare this with the field hockey EC just a week before. The much faster sport, more modern rules and the appropriate hygienic safety measures.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

+1 - I can attest to the warmth , Lytton BC had a all time record high for Canada at 121F yesterday . We set our all time record high in Spokane yesterday at 109F . We have been over 100F for 5 straight days with no relief in sight .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Superb mate! Football is only a game whereas flying is super serious stuff! Your choice of region to fly in this time is inspiring Gerold. Thanks for sharing as always.

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2021 at 3:24 AM, adambar said:

Outstanding set of shots Gerold! :) 

Thank you Adam!

8 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

There yah go Stillwater - well done sir!

My pleasure, John.

On 6/30/2021 at 10:25 PM, BradB said:

+1 - I can attest to the warmth , Lytton BC had a all time record high for Canada at 121F yesterday . We set our all time record high in Spokane yesterday at 109F . We have been over 100F for 5 straight days with no relief in sight .

Unbelievable. And a pain for those who can not resist or fight the heat (with an AC or pool). They have showed the pacific & NA weather maps here, explaining there is an "omega" pressure system of the jetstream, which has gone to a different position than usual. Resulting in hot weather somewhere, and simultanously in colder weather somewhere else.

21 hours ago, boetie said:

Superb mate! Football is only a game whereas flying is super serious stuff! Your choice of region to fly in this time is inspiring Gerold. Thanks for sharing as always.

Cheers

Graeme :)

You remind me of the really important things, Graeme. I will follow that advise!