The Foothill Freeway

VH-KDK

The Foothill Freeway runs from Sylmar to Redlands in the LA metropolitan area.

We will follow the freeway to San Bernadino.

hFiRBFY.jpg

Leaving the make believe world of the plastic celebs and entering the real world at Cahuenga Peak with the famous sign.

No pics of leaving KBUR as I thought I had a problem with the Orbx scenery but of course I forgot this was not available in XP! Another DUH moment.:wacko:

HsbPC76.jpg

Santa Anita park at Arcadia. This is a thoroughbred racetrack and holds several major events such as the Santa Ana Derby and Handicap. The freeway can be seen above the race course with the San Gabriel Mountains.

4dc5ptE.jpg

The Irwindale Speedway and Event Centre has been in and out of bankruptcy since opening in 1999. Currently leased and planned to be open until the end of 2022 but it's future after that is doubtful especially as the land is owned by developers

3RNCEIC.jpg

The California Speedway at Fontana has ran NASCAR races since 1997 and did run Indycars until 2015. It has a capacity of 122,000

5nbKHWQ.jpg

To the north of San Bernardino we say goodbye to the Foothills Freeway which can be seen crossing the San Bernardino Freeway centre left. Now changing direction to the NW to head up Cajon Pass.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, adambar said:

Fantastic tour and captures Martyn! :)  I always seem to sweat on one of your tours until we get back to the FBO for some reason. :unsure:

Cheers Adam, plenty of ground yet to be covered on this flight!

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Fantastic quality in these shots, but even more: Astonishing infos you give us about LA. Thanks for the lesson!

I thought you would enjoy these Gerold especially the narration.

Cheers.

• Like 1