Wheels up landings

VH-KDK

Two recent flights that have resulted in the dreaded wheels up landings.

5ezPJto.jpg

I had flown around the island of Oahu and despite me dropping the gear, which the replay showed, it immediately retracted. The result was a perfect landing, much smoother that I usually manage with the wheels down! More comfortable for the passengers but an expensive event for the planes owners. It does also save money by not having to sent the stairs out as the passengers can step straight onto terra firma!

Hkn1pH5.jpg

The other type is with a fixed gear plane where the wheels point up to the sky. Here at Mirabel but luckily the engine is still running so when the plane is righted and the tail pulled back to the vertical we can proceed on our merry way.

59 minutes ago, BradB said:

Obviously your time away from Simming shows Martyn , you might get some pointers from your feathery friends that you

care for in RL . :rolleyes::(:)

Thanks John. Yes, every time I come in for a landing, the birds cover their eyes with their wings and await the latest disaster!

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Honest documentation, this is what we can learn from and use as a reference. Hope my next commercial pilots are not here on the forum though.

Exactly Gerold, how not to do it!:lol:

I am not so worried about the pilots but when I can get on a plane again.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I am not so worried about the pilots but when I can get on a plane again.

Oh yes, Martyn, that is so true. I have not been on a plane for 13 months now, not even been in an airport. To be honest I have attended more funerals than flights in that time. It is as it is.

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Oh yes, Martyn, that is so true. I have not been on a plane for 13 months now, not even been in an airport. To be honest I have attended more funerals than flights in that time. It is as it is.

Here it looks like no jab, no fly so I will have to travel by road around Oz.:(

I wanted to use up my Qantas points but I will lose them, never mind could be worse, could be Wednesday.:huh:

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

With a touch of horseradish that might be quite tasty.

I was lucky as he couldn't lift his knuckles off the ground!:o

Anyway apart from a few scratches to the bottom of the Dove he had no beef with me.;)

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I wanted to use up my Qantas points but I will lose them, never mind

My points are safe for at least 2 or 3 years, but I have no idea to use them. I wouldn´t even change them for suitcases (where did you need these things for?) or noise-cancelling headphones (in my home there is no noise).

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

could be worse, could be Wednesday.:huh:

Have to look at the calendar - oh no!

We call it "Middle finger Mittwoch (= Wednesday). At least it is sunny and springish.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

My points are safe for at least 2 or 3 years, but I have no idea to use them. I wouldn´t even change them for suitcases (where did you need these things for?) or noise-cancelling headphones (in my home there is no noise).

Have to look at the calendar - oh no!

We call it "Middle finger Mittwoch (= Wednesday). At least it is sunny and springish.

I had the hearing cancelling headphones when I was young and now the phone continuously rings!

I worked with a chap at the Ordnance Survey who used to say this, it could be worse, it could be what ever day it was!

We had a hilarious time at work but sadly the big C got him back in 2001.:(

Archived