From Elizabeth to King Shaka

Stillwater

Today we take a quick connection along the Southern Ocean´s coast out of FAPE Port Elizabeth.

b9OwCer.jpg

The impression of this OLC pack is fantastic, ...

3EO8tqA.jpg

... with its combination of vector data, trees, settlements and mesh.

Ix0OcKD.jpg

We are climbing eastwards along the coast...

bIJGtdC.jpg

... and leave some mountains in the distance, ...

fqppuyK.jpg

... until we reach Durban.

lh98r29.jpg

Turning into final over the ocean...

tLAtA5f.jpg

... and following the road...

5kHxbxK.jpg

... which brings us perfectly to the runway...

z9zlNfL.jpg

... of FALE King Shaka airport. Being not present in the default sim it needed a 3rd party upgrade.

8iHPDVP.jpg

Now I can follow the local´s hints to explore Durban and its surroundings...

Excellent post Gerold and isn't OLC a wonderful series of sceneries.:)

Wishing my life away, yet again, waiting for Asia!:lol:

So King Shaka is a recently constructed airport, I wondered why they faled to include such a large city's airport.:rolleyes::wacko:

Interesting reading about the Mount Moreland Barn Swallows too and how progress and conservation can go hand in claw!:P

King Shaka International Airport - Wikipedia

Very nice indeed it took me ages to get there in my Navajo:lol:. There are nice freeware sceneries for the African airports (inc FALE) that complement the Orbx OLC very well in most cases but it does slow down the ability to explore this huge country with the need to install, load, run Vector and modify if required.

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent set Gerold, liked this tour too.

Thank you Jack!

17 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Thank you Gerold for another great flight and shots, I am learning a lot about Africa.

You are welcome, John!

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Another great flight and shots indeed. :)

Thanks Adam.

5 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Very nice indeed it took me ages to get there in my Navajo:lol:. There are nice freeware sceneries for the African airports (inc FALE) that complement the Orbx OLC very well in most cases but it does slow down the ability to explore this huge country with the need to install, load, run Vector and modify if required.

Not easy to get your Navajo fueled up between Perth and Mauritius, and indeed some hours to go. Rumours go that even a 777 had troubles in that area.

I have tried to install the Aeroworks sceneries, but often they do not fit well into OLC. Though... I forgot to run the Vector tool, maybe that could help.

22 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent post Gerold and isn't OLC a wonderful series of sceneries.:)

Wishing my life away, yet again, waiting for Asia!:lol:

So King Shaka is a recently constructed airport, I wondered why they faled to include such a large city's airport.:rolleyes::wacko:

Interesting reading about the Mount Moreland Barn Swallows too and how progress and conservation can go hand in claw!:P

King Shaka International Airport - Wikipedia

Thanks for that exciting read abould FALE and the swallows. Fascinating detail! And now I see that following the glide path was indeed something special and important.

In fact I did not see any swallows in the sim B).

Archived