ERIC CLAPTON & PETER FRAMPTON - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Thank you for sharing this great video Adam. 

Playing the guitar myself (very amateurishly B)) Peter Frampton and even more EC are idols of mine.

My wife and me had tickets for a Clapton show in Munich scheduled for May 2020. This was a present from my wife for Christmas 2019. 

Due to Corona the concert then was postponed to June 2021 and now to early summer 2022. I do hope I can finally see and hear my idol live on stage then.

22 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Playing the guitar myself (very amateurishly B)) Peter Frampton and even more EC are idols of mine.

My wife and me had tickets for a Clapton show in Munich scheduled for May 2020. This was a present from my wife for Christmas 2019. 

Due to Corona the concert then was postponed to June 2021 and now to early summer 2022. I do hope I can finally see and hear my idol live on stage then.

Peter retired from doing concerts recently, I guess he has a muscular disorder of some kind and is unable to play. Glad his dream came true to play with Eric. I guess Eric has his own health problems to deal with as well. :(  one thing for sure, they can play as good as they ever did at there age, maybe better! 

I had the chance to see Clapton several times in Pittsburgh, but never made it for some reason. At least I have all his music from the beginning in the 60s until now and DVD concerts. :)

Sorry you didn't get to see the Clapton concert. 

3 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Thanks for sharing the video Adam, These were and still are two of my favorite guitarist.  Also have to add Jeff Beck.

Indeed and your Texas boy Stevie Ray Vaughn went way to soon among other great guitarists.

I remember that song played in the 1960s by George H. and this band from Liverpool...

8 hours ago, wolfko said:

My wife and me had tickets for a Clapton show in Munich scheduled for May 2020.

My wife and me had tickets for Paul McCartney playing in Hanover in June 2020. We could have gone there by bike! But you know...

On 4/1/2021 at 7:51 PM, wolfko said:

17 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I remember that song played in the 1960s by George H. and this band from Liverpool...

My wife and me had tickets for Paul McCartney playing in Hanover in June 2020. We could have gone there by bike! But you know...

More time for the bands to rehearse Wolfgang and Gerold. Should be stellar performances when you eventually get to see/experience them! Lucky boys.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Let me add, IMNSO, the greatest of them all...Lester William Polsfuss. Never heard of him? How about his more familiar name...Les Paul. His contributions both as an artist and inventor are without peer in the guitar world. I was lucky enough on several occasions to be able to sit and listen to him for hours at the Iridium Jazz Club in Manhattan. Even though he was in his 80's then he looked as spry as ever. He made an album back in the 70's with Chet Atkins titled Chester and Lester. If you're into guitar you have to hear that one.

3 hours ago, W2DR said:

Let me add, IMNSO, the greatest of them all...Lester William Polsfuss. Never heard of him? How about his more familiar name...Les Paul. His contributions both as an artist and inventor are without peer in the guitar world. I was lucky enough on several occasions to be able to sit and listen to him for hours at the Iridium Jazz Club in Manhattan. Even though he was in his 80's then he looked as spry as ever. He made an album back in the 70's with Chet Atkins titled Chester and Lester. If you're into guitar you have to hear that one.

Yes indeed, invented multi-track recording still used today and the solid body electric guitar. :)

How about The Allman Brothers band, always had some of the best guitarists in the top 10 or twenty. Then there was Greg's brother Duane Allman on lead guitar that was considered on of the best killed in a plane crash.

This is an earlier video with Dickie Betts and Warren Haynes on lead guitar. 

And a later one with Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes on lead. 

And an acoustic version of the song Melissa with Dickie Betts and Warren Haynes on lead.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:58 AM, Iain Emms said:

Aye Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Thank you for sharing this great video Iain. :)   What an all-star group with Stevie Ray, Albert King, BB King and Paul Butterfield on the harmonica. :D

On 4/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, boetie said:

More time for the bands to rehearse Wolfgang and Gerold. Should be stellar performances when you eventually get to see/experience them!

The concert tour of Sir Paul has been cancelled, and he is already 78. I keep my fingers crossed they will go on tour again, but if they come to my hometown, country or continent?

Archived