Stapleford round trip, incl London and Southend

andy1252

Still playing with the different recorders. Did a circuit from Stapleford, but on the playback the wheels didn't come down so can't grab any shots of that or use it to make a video. Nevermind, got some pix.

So, out from Stapleford in the new Spitfire

t7o4Hnj.jpg

YoIHQVi.jpg

nNsQ7WN.jpg

Headed west over Enfield (another old home patch for me)
v4JDIoa.jpg

turn towards the smoke
7o3o4Kt.jpg

FBINvTl.jpg

VbdgRFH.jpg

gonna head back down the river first

oaOXtfr.jpg

rDo7q6l.jpg

9sl4VSH.jpg

Southend Pier

1i3Lbq6.jpg

ExSbcuz.jpg

uw9Pcbh.jpg

Coming back in to Stapleford

9M6VThL.jpg

shNaCSs.jpg

I did actually land reasonably ok, but like I say, the replay didn't capture the wheels coming down so it looks a bit weird.

Thanks everybody, I can definitely recommend this plane. And it you turn the photogrammetry off, the UK is looking pretty good in MSFS generally (although the shoreline now suffers from 'popping' on approach since the update). For me the benefits still far outweigh the issues.

And hey, @Jack Sawyer, you're back! Hope things calmed down for you in the end.

Just now, andy1252 said:

And hey, @Jack Sawyer, you're back! Hope things calmed down for you in the end.

Thanks Andy, yes, it’s nice here but the right knee after meniscus surgery four years ago now needs to be replaced.  The pain in unspeakably bad, using a walker now.  Knee replacement soon :banghead:

44 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Knee replacement soon

Don't know how you're feeling about that, but I had a full replacement for one a couple of years back and it was absolute magic. In and out in a couple of days, a few weeks of physio and better than it had been for years. Probably about the only joint I have now that doesn't ache!

20 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Don't know how you're feeling about that, but I had a full replacement for one a couple of years back and it was absolute magic. In and out in a couple of days, a few weeks of physio and better than it had been for years. Probably about the only joint I have now that doesn't ache!

Thanks Andy.  Nervous.  Can they do it laparoscopically?

26 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Andy.  Nervous.  Can they do it laparoscopically?

Wouldn't have thought so, judging by the size of my scar. I'm no surgeon so don't take my comments as gospel, but I think it's quite a mechanical operation, so I'd be pretty impressed if it were possible. But I seriously wouldn't be apprehensive about it - it's a really basic op these days and like I say, it's not far off day surgery - a couple of nights just to make sure you can walk, climb stairs, kossack dance (ok, I made that last bit up) and you're back home. Bit of awkwardness trying to get comfortable sleeping for maybe a week or so but do the exercises and it all comes back good in no time. You'll be back out tromping round the woods (or wherever you moved) in no time and you won't feel at all awkward with it. My knee had been bad for over a decade before I finally convinced them it needed doing, and I remember maybe three months after it was done I was walking round the garden and suddenly thought 'hey! I'm walking normally!' and realised it had been years since I'd been that comfortable just walking.

Shame that the other knee is going now, along with a hip! But hey, you can't have enrything <grin>

7 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Wouldn't have thought so, judging by the size of my scar. I'm no surgeon so don't take my comments as gospel, but I think it's quite a mechanical operation, so I'd be pretty impressed if it were possible. But I seriously wouldn't be apprehensive about it - it's a really basic op these days and like I say, it's not far off day surgery - a couple of nights just to make sure you can walk, climb stairs, kossack dance (ok, I made that last bit up) and you're back home. Bit of awkwardness trying to get comfortable sleeping for maybe a week or so but do the exercises and it all comes back good in no time. You'll be back out tromping round the woods (or wherever you moved) in no time and you won't feel at all awkward with it. My knee had been bad for over a decade before I finally convinced them it needed doing, and I remember maybe three months after it was done I was walking round the garden and suddenly thought 'hey! I'm walking normally!' and realised it had been years since I'd been that comfortable just walking.

Shame that the other knee is going now, along with a hip! But hey, you can't have enrything <grin>

Thank for that Andy.  Not looking forward to it, it makes me anxious.

Archived