Show XPlane a bit of love .....

renault

Nice pair.

I was surprised by the Navigraph survey result that appeared to have XP ahead of P3D as regards which Sim(s) people use. 

Perhaps lack of seasons is not as limiting factor as I imagined.

There's a Spitfire in the works for MSFS & a DC-3/C-47 for XP.

TTM

38 minutes ago, renault said:

And you get some in return:D@Fizzelle

Cheers 

Pete

Just the two ....

Beautiful,  Lanzarote as it should be in all its stark glory. Many congratulations Pete, I hope to add my own shots in the coming days once I get my head round the LUT!

Let's hope Tony Wroblewski sees these and passes them on to the development team for reference. 

Now your next job, should you choose to accept it, is to fix the excessive greenery in La Gomera!

But take a well-earned rest first. 

Hi Guys. Yes I still have XPlane on my system together with MSFS which I have been getting used too just lately. Gave up on P3Dv4 half way though last year. Just wish Orbx would make more Scenery for XPlane especially the Eastern side of the good ole USA. Maybe some time. Derek.

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice pair.

I was surprised by the Navigraph survey result that appeared to have XP ahead of P3D as regards which Sim(s) people use. 

Perhaps lack of seasons is not as limiting factor as I imagined.

There's a Spitfire in the works for MSFS & a DC-3/C-47 for XP.

TTM

Thanks TTM :)

I've read about the spit coming to MS as well. Little confused about .... & "a DC-3/C-47 for XP"

This freeware one is absolutely payware quality and has been available for XPlane 11 for quite a while now

Aeroworx Douglas C-47 - Airplane Development Notices - X-Plane.Org Forum (x-plane.org) "

Did you perhaps mean a DC3 for MS2020?

That would be exciting. The DC3 in FSX was one of my favourites of all time :)

Adam Banks @Adam Banks did some superb repaints for it from what I recall. He has

a real talent for such things:D

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Fizzelle said:

Beautiful,  Lanzarote as it should be in all its stark glory. Many congratulations Pete, I hope to add my own shots in the coming days once I get my head round the LUT!

Let's hope Tony Wroblewski sees these and passes them on to the development team for reference. 

Now your next job, should you choose to accept it, is to fix the excessive greenery in La Gomera!

But take a well-earned rest first. 

Thanks.:)

The torch has been passed :D

Cheers!

Pete

48 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Guys. Yes I still have XPlane on my system together with MSFS which I have been getting used too just lately. Gave up on P3Dv4 half way though last year. Just wish Orbx would make more Scenery for XPlane especially the Eastern side of the good ole USA. Maybe some time. Derek.

Not that I have any knowledge of such things, but it would certainly be nice if it were to happen. It's an interesting area to explore:)

Cheers

Pete

42 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Great shots, XP11 looks really good. I may have to buy it!!!!!!!!

Thanks John!

Ah, what a conundrum :(

Cheers

Pete

43 minutes ago, Dadtom65 said:

Just out of interest what do you guys use for scenery where there are none from Orbx. Thanks Derek.

Hi Derek

That's why I have MS2020.:D

XPlane with Orbx is like a very fine malt taken neat, always great, that never loses its allure and gets better each time you have some.:)

Without it  -- well it's like putting water in your whiskey  ..... no point at all imho :(

Cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, renault said:

Thanks TTM :)

I've read about the spit coming to MS as well. Little confused about .... & "a DC-3/C-47 for XP"

This freeware one is absolutely payware quality and has been available for XPlane 11 for quite a while now

Aeroworx Douglas C-47 - Airplane Development Notices - X-Plane.Org Forum (x-plane.org) "

Did you perhaps mean a DC3 for MS2020?

That would be exciting. The DC3 in FSX was one of my favourites of all time :)

Adam Banks @Adam Banks did some superb repaints for it from what I recall. He has

a real talent for such things:D

Cheers

Pete

Thanks.:)

The torch has been passed :D

Cheers!

Pete

Not that I have any knowledge of such things, but it would certainly be nice if it were to happen. It's an interesting area to explore:)

Cheers

Pete

Thanks John!

Ah, what a conundrum :(

Cheers

Pete

Hi Derek

That's why I have MS2020.:D

XPlane with Orbx is like a very fine malt taken neat, always great, that never loses its allure and gets better each time you have some.:)

Without it  -- well it's like putting water in your whiskey  ..... no point at all imho :(

Cheers

Pete

https://fselite.net/news/airfoillabs-announces-dakota-c-47-and-dc-3-for-x-plane-11/

TTM

Hi Renault. Think that’s why I have been using MSFS just lately as it has all the scenery, though recently I was in Florida trying to find Disney which by the way is a mess, plus I took off from a small Airport near the East coast, can not remember the name of it, and round about it had loads of small hills all over the place, thinking an elevation problem there. I know it will take awhile to get everything as it should be, but I have to admit it is a great looking sim. Thanks Derek.

There was one thing that I found after watching a video of someone doing an actual flight and then doing the same flight in MSFS, plus I believe someone else said the same and that is that there are far to many trees in MSFS. Probably would look more natural if they deleted a lot of the trees. Not sure but did not XPlane have the issue. Not sure. Derek.

Nice shots Pete.  I'm sticking with P3D and rarely XP.  If they could ever get the A2A and PMDG planes into MSFS I'd give it a thought.  I know a lot of people love the eye candy in 2020 but I guess I'm a strange duck, I use a sim for the planes, the more complicated the better.

On 1/14/2021 at 12:22 AM, Iain Emms said:

Great couple of shots Pete.

cheers

Iain

Thanks very much Iain:)

Cheers

Pete

On 1/14/2021 at 12:38 AM, mikee said:

Very nice couple of shots Pete !!

Thanks Mike!

See you

Pete

On 1/14/2021 at 3:43 AM, Dadtom65 said:

Hi Renault. Think that’s why I have been using MSFS just lately as it has all the scenery, though recently I was in Florida trying to find Disney which by the way is a mess, plus I took off from a small Airport near the East coast, can not remember the name of it, and round about it had loads of small hills all over the place, thinking an elevation problem there. I know it will take awhile to get everything as it should be, but I have to admit it is a great looking sim. Thanks Derek.

Hi Derek

It is far from perfect. So areas are really well done, and others like you say are very poor.

It's a real hit and miss affair at the moment....

It has a lot of potential and it is getting better, but a long way to go yet :rolleyes:

Cheers

Pete

On 1/14/2021 at 7:07 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice shots Pete.  I'm sticking with P3D and rarely XP.  If they could ever get the A2A and PMDG planes into MSFS I'd give it a thought.  I know a lot of people love the eye candy in 2020 but I guess I'm a strange duck, I use a sim for the planes, the more complicated the better.

Hi Jack

Thanks!

I find trying to fly complicated aircraft just too daunting. I have an add on for the  MS2020 Airbus A320 called FlybyWire which makes almost all the systems functional.

So I can get the darn thing started from dark and cold, get the autopilot set, which in a airbus seems to be horribly complicated to me and  ... well see for yourself :rolleyes:

I am just about ready to toss trying to fly this particular aircraft in the bin now and just go back to a Cessna which I can barely manage. It ain't fun at all

I really admire your skills and dedication to the challenge of doing this in your sim.  Even though at the end of it all it is just a darned computer program and not anything real, it is still so very frustrating when one can't seem to get to first base with it :(

This is Pete's Navy

Start out a KSBA , Santa Barbara just fine.

NBKHJfu.jpg

Climb out on autopilot , with it doing everything I set it to do. Gets to set altitude and begins to level off

And then 3 dreaded chimes, and this insanely frustrating voice shouting "retard, retard, retard ...." and everything goes bonkers :o

And every cotton picking time, I'm a boat!!!!!

SDWxnWy.jpg

Sometimes "eye candy" as you say isn't everything its cracked up to be  

End of rant...

PS- if there is anyone out there who could tell me what I'm doing wrong , I'm all ears

19 hours ago, adambar said:

Like fine wine Pete, or a pint of beer. :D

I like beer as well, wine - not at all 

Cheers

Pete

3 hours ago, renault said:

I find trying to fly complicated aircraft just too daunting. I have an add on for the  MS2020 Airbus A320 called FlybyWire which makes almost all the systems functional.

So I can get the darn thing started from dark and cold, get the autopilot set, which in a airbus seems to be horribly complicated to me and  ... well see for yourself :rolleyes:

I am just about ready to toss trying to fly this particular aircraft in the bin now and just go back to a Cessna which I can barely manage. It ain't fun at all

I really admire your skills and dedication to the challenge of doing this in your sim.  Even though at the end of it all it is just a darned computer program and not anything real, it is still so very frustrating when one can't seem to get to first base with it :(

Thanks for the kind words Pete.

I love the Airbus, it's probably the most automated plane in the sky.

It takes a little bit of rethinking when switching from a Boeing to an Airbus.  For example, the autopilot.  It has what's called alpha floor, which means that at too slow a speed the plane automatically advances the throttles to keep itself airborne.  This can present quite a challenge when hand flying it.  And the "retard" callout is for landing.  When you hear it right over the threshold or slightly sooner it means to bring the throttles all the way back.  This plane is basically designed for taking off, engaging the autopilot and letting it auto land with the pilots only monitoring it or adjusting the FMS or the A/P control head at the directions of ATC.

I didn't learn this stuff overnight, I had eight years of Air Force training and then decades with my airline's training department and working on them.  But with a little patience anyone can do it as easily as you do your magic with your LUT's which are light years over my head.  So everyone has their own strengths.

Best regards,

Jack

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Right, if you ever need help, lemme know.

Thanks Jack

I appreciate that very much. It is very automated and the Flybywire mod has a number of A320 pilots who work with the mod designers so it's way beyond my paygrade

I thank you for your kindness as I will have all kinds of silly questions , but you may wish you took a page out of Sgt. Schulz's book 

73FcE7O.jpg

But watch the CS space

I conquered the demon - not gracefully, or well,  but for me "It's happy dance time"

3 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Oh by the way there’s nothing wrong with a nice glass of red wine. I have a small glass every evening with our dinner and the wife has a large glass of white wine. Mmmmm. :rollmyeyes:. Thanks Derek.

Indeed Derek

My wife and daughters are right there with you:). I am allergic to the sulphates used in wine making so I just never developed a taste for it .

Cheers

Pete

Archived