Why the Great Unbalance of Europe / North American Airports MSFS 2020?

JohnnyJohnJohn

Well, the title says it all.  As they come online, I have been buying the ones from the United States as I am a simpilot who simply does not fly the European side of the world, as I'm sure many of us do.  But since these forums require Screenshots of only YOUR scenery, it would be nice to have a broader selection to fly too and from and maybe have a little leniency of inflight screenies as well since the regions are non existent like in Prepar3d. 

Two shots to show the unbalanced scenery, and I have to ask, how come? I thought they were going to port everything over, and do more of the U.S. in a quicker manner than this as well!

And on top of it,  I saw on facebook today that they welcomed a new partner with their version of LOWI?   How many of them do we need?   This is exactly what I'm talking about!  Any real Orbx management team members that read this would be great to hear a response from you.   

Europe Airports

Capture1.JPG.1c88fd7153e5e0248a3b8f0aea7d4da3.JPG

U.S. / North American

Capture11.JPG.1246ffc5beb37f5a91265350c76b87f1.JPG

So how come?  Can we get a little more North American love here please Orbx?  That'd be great, thanks....

30 minutes ago, BradB said:

Concrete is on short finals for MSFS , and the rest will come in due time .

I hear what you're saying, but due time?  Look at all the European destinations out.  Before they were pumping out North America left and right - now the shift to Europe. I'd like a little fairness!  :):);) 

Hello JohnyJohnJohn,

thanks for your contribution.

Seven of the listed European airports are not Orbx products.

This means that nine are, exactly matching the number released

for the USA.

The new partner announced on Facebook has in fact produced LOWS,

which is not the same product, or airport, as LOWI.

7 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

I hear what you're saying, but due time?  Look at all the European destinations out.  Before they were pumping out North America left and right - now the shift to Europe. I'd like a little fairness! 

Well, in fairness to Orbx, about half of those European airport sceneries that you have listed have been developed by third parties and do not originate from Orbx's own developers. With that in mind, it's not up to Orbx to give "a little fairness" when the release schedule of third parties' products is outside of Orbx's control.

In time, *a lot* of North America scenery will be added to the list. Some of us were pretty fed-up with the long-lasting emphasis of scenery for the US Pacific Coast. Which goes to show, they cannot please all of their customers all at the same time.

Let's have some sympathy for the forumers downunder who have even fewer scenery add-ons to choose from and especially so for Central American, South American, African and Asian forumers who currently have none. MSFS is truly a world simulator, with areas far from the usual parts of the globe being very interesting to explore.
Let's also have some patience. There's a number of us sticking to P3D / X-Plane for the next while until MSFS matures. For us, it would be great to see more P3D v5 compatibility updates and for X-Planers, further 'ports' of back catalogue scenery.

One thing to note and as I understand it, has not changed since Orbx was first established, most of the airport development in Orbx is undertaken by independent developers who develop airports that they want to bring to the community.  I think that's why the quality across the board has been truly amazing.

A developer can also only make an airport for which good ground and building imagery can be obtained, thereby further limiting the available sceneries to come out.

Finally, as the scene does become more commercial and developers start to want a bit more than a child's pocket money as a return for their hard work, the likelihood of good sales will also figure in the geographic distribution.

11 hours ago, John Dow said:

One thing to note and as I understand it, has not changed since Orbx was first established, most of the airport development in Orbx is undertaken by independent developers who develop airports that they want to bring to the community.  I think that's why the quality across the board has been truly amazing.

A developer can also only make an airport for which good ground and building imagery can be obtained, thereby further limiting the available sceneries to come out.

Finally, as the scene does become more commercial and developers start to want a bit more than a child's pocket money as a return for their hard work, the likelihood of good sales will also figure in the geographic distribution.

Isn't it just a matter of porting over airports now?  I thought so......maybe I'm wrong and maybe you can correct me, which would be appreciated but if that's the case, why can't they do it so quickly like they did P3D V4 from fSX?

13 minutes ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Isn't it just a matter of porting over airports now?  I thought so......maybe I'm wrong and maybe you can correct me, which would be appreciated but if that's the case, why can't they do it so quickly like they did P3D V4 from fSX?

AFAIK no airport was ported directly from FSX to P3dV4.

They have been ported from FSX to P3dV1, later fom there to P3dV2, then to P3dV3 and from there eventually to P3dV4.

7 minutes ago, wolfko said:

AFAIK no airport was ported directly from FSX to P3dV4.

They have been ported from FSX to P3dV1, later fom there to P3dV2, then to P3dV3 and from there eventually to P3dV4.

Oh okay, but can't they do the same for P3D to MSFS?  Or is it entirely different formatting altogether with the time that it seems to be taking to get airports out?  and I may be old fashioned, but what is AFAIK?

1 minute ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Thanks....shows my age there a bit without knowing these keyboard acronyms. LOL

Don't sweat it...there's plenty of them that I don't know. AFIAK is one of the few that I can keep track of :) 

2 hours ago, SGunard said:

Why hassle for Orbx for more NA airfields when you've not even bought all the ones they have released?! :unsure:

Yes I have bought them ALL, and for Prepar3d too!  (Just not on Orbx control panel, some in the sim until I heard about the cross platform difference sale here)  Thank you for thinking you know everything when you don't checking on my inventory. 

Archived