Orbx ENAL and AS ENVA conflict

The problem is known about and is being discussed with Asobo as it is not an issue that can be fixed by the 2 Developers concerned. It is an issue in MSFS that requires Asobo to rectify. There are potential clashes when 2 addons within a near location to each other can cause a CTD or loading problem.

28 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

The problem is known about and is being discussed with Asobo as it is not an issue that can be fixed by the 2 Developers concerned. It is an issue in MSFS that requires Asobo to rectify. There are potential clashes when 2 addons within a near location to each other can cause a CTD or loading problem.

Thanks for your explanation. 

:)

2 minutes ago, PiotrMKG said:

And I was going to do a short hop from ENVA to ENAL today. Sim won’t load means it won’t load into main menu or it won’t load after selecting airports and other stuff and pressing FLY?

it won’t load after selecting airports

So not that close in my opinion.

To anyone that knows: Is the runway this extremely sloped and roller-coast like in reality? Maybe that's why the touchdown zone markings are so far up the runway(s)? And after taxi turning for take-off on rwy24, you can only see ~100 meters of the runway from a A320 cockpit. Just curious if it's really like this.

1 hour ago, Steve 66 said:

So not that close in my opinion.

To anyone that knows: Is the runway this extremely sloped and roller-coast like in reality? Maybe that's why the touchdown zone markings are so far up the runway(s)? And after taxi turning for take-off on rwy24, you can only see ~100 meters of the runway from a A320 cockpit. Just curious if it's really like this.

Pretty much Yes 

4 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Has this issue already been reported to ZenDesk? And any estimation if this is going to be fixed soon?

There are so many issues to be fixed, that I doubt it will be addressed in next patch. But this bug should land high in respect of priority.

8 minutes ago, PiotrMKG said:

There are so many issues to be fixed, that I doubt it will be addressed in next patch. But this bug should land high in respect of priority.

We have emphasized the priority of this to the Asobo team; we have been working with them to help them resolve it as fast as they can. Obviously this doesn't only affect our work, but all developers. Any 2x or more CGLs within the same LOD6 grid will possibly, though not definitely, cause the hang - Finn's recommendation above will resolve the issue until a core sim patch arrives. 

16 minutes ago, PiotrMKG said:

Pretty much Yes 

You beat me to it - I was just about to post exactly the same video! 

Cheers

Thanks for the video confirmation. I have applied the temporary fix and ENAL still looks great without the photoreal imagery.

A couple of things for "the list":

1. That yellow bus on the apron needs to slow down a bit :)

2. Would it be possible to add 1 (one is enough) of these parked Norwegian B737's as was shown on your preview images?

234414633_ENALwithNorwegianB737.thumb.jpg.1f2b7c9167786b7bea780735b0caec26.jpg

1 hour ago, Finni Hansen said:

Mornin guys!

The issue is known - where two airports that include photoreal imagery lies close to eachother, the sim will just hang. 

We are working hard with the Asobo guys to try and fix the issue.

I've included a simple temporary fix however:

- In your community folder, delete the folder "Orbx-AERIAL-enal-alesund"

- This will remove the included photoimagery on Ålesund and allow the sim to load up.

Please also file a bug with Zendesk.

Enjoy!

// Finn

Thanks for the explanation Finn. Was this issue known prior to releasing ENAL? If so, maybe it should be mentioned on the product page.

Strangely, I have both ENAL (from Orbx Central) and ENVA (from MSFS marketplace) installed and they are both working as expected without any fixes/file removal.

I have the steam edition of the premium deluxe. Unrelated to this thread, the only CTD I'm experiencing is with Flightbeam KDEN and Pilot Plus EGTB which are on opposite sides of the earth.

1 hour ago, Wheatability said:

Strangely, I have both ENAL (from Orbx Central) and ENVA (from MSFS marketplace) installed and they are both working as expected without any fixes/file removal.

I have the steam edition of the premium deluxe. Unrelated to this thread, the only CTD I'm experiencing is with Flightbeam KDEN and Pilot Plus EGTB which are on opposite sides of the earth.

I have no problems with KDEN from Flightbeam, just had to disable stock version in content manager.

11 hours ago, PiotrMKG said:

And I was going to do a short hop from ENVA to ENAL today. Sim won’t load means it won’t load into main menu or it won’t load after selecting airports and other stuff and pressing FLY?

Same here :( 

ENAL and ENVA installed. ENAL doens't finish loading. 

11 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Does that mean that Orbx wouldn't be able to release two airports in the same area? Or in this case there are conflicts between the 2 sceneries? (ASxORBX)

12 minutes ago, Finni Hansen said:

@Bentree

This bug was discovered in late phases of testing. And it only occurs to those who have AS Trondheim installed also - They wrote nothing in their product description. 

If you want to help, please file a bug with Asobo \ Zendesk, because it is their problem to fix.

Why would you have the customer file a bug report?  I know it's not your fault, but if it's a known issue already, then you, the developers need to take this up with ASOBO/MS, not the customer.

16 minutes ago, olli67 said:

I just wanted to buy, good that I discovered the topic, will now wait until a patch comes. Thank you for the information!

You can also use this workaround for now: 

No need to wait, even without the photoreal imagery ENAL looks stunning. And I can really recommend a short hop from ENVA to ENAL or vice versa. Had some real bad weather today, lots of dark clouds and rain. Landing on RWY 24 was really spectaculair, also because the runway has a big slope :) 

12 hours ago, Er!k said:

You can also use this workaround for now: 

No need to wait, even without the photoreal imagery ENAL looks stunning. And I can really recommend a short hop from ENVA to ENAL or vice versa. Had some real bad weather today, lots of dark clouds and rain. Landing on RWY 24 was really spectaculair, also because the runway has a big slope :) 

The workaround worked perfectly for me too. Wonderful airport, I am super happy with the purchase. 

On 9/22/2020 at 6:31 PM, pilotskcx said:

Why would you have the customer file a bug report?  I know it's not your fault, but if it's a known issue already, then you, the developers need to take this up with ASOBO/MS, not the customer.

Hello,

of course the problem has been reported, however the point was that we cannot solve problems with the simulator itself,

these can only be addressed by its developers and that will only happen if they are reported.

Logically, the more reports that they receive for a given problem, especially if they are backed up by some evidence, the

more likely that they are to fix them in a timely manner.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

of course the problem has been reported, however the point was that we cannot solve problems with the simulator itself,

these can only be addressed by its developers and that will only happen if they are reported.

Logically, the more reports that they receive for a given problem, especially if they are backed up by some evidence, the

more likely that they are to fix them in a timely manner.

I hear what you're saying Nick, but this is a known issue already not some whish list item.  There's no voting about it, it just needs to be fixed by them.  It's time to get out of the 'every customer is also a sim tweaker' mentality.  

Archived