TrueEarth US Florida for P3D has been released

CZZ

I was waiting forever for TE Florida to come out. But now that mfs has been released I think I’ll pass. Almost all major cities in FL are 3d in mfs.

But I hope Orbx releases KEYW and other airports in FL for mfs (in addition to their upcoming KPBI).

We’ll see

I bought it too. I live in Florida and was really excited. But then it killed my computer. I installed it and the computer just died. Belly-up. Kaput. Fini. Gone to computer heaven. But, that said, that installation had nothing to do with the computer problem. My trusty old 4790K has been giving me fits for a couple of weeks and it just finally quit. So...I'll have to wait for the new parts to arrive next week before I can see just how good I know Florida TE will be. Sigh.......Doug

P.S. Here's what I just ordered: 10700K, RTX 2060 Super, ASUS ROG Maximus Hero Z490, and 32GB Corsair RAM.

25 minutes ago, W2DR said:

I bought it too. I live in Florida and was really excited. But then it killed my computer. I installed it and the computer just died. Belly-up. Kaput. Fini. Gone to computer heaven. But, that said, that installation had nothing to do with the computer problem. My trusty old 4790K has been giving me fits for a couple of weeks and it just finally quit. So...I'll have to wait for the new parts to arrive next week before I can see just how good I know Florida TE will be. Sigh.......Doug

P.S. Here's what I just ordered: 10700K, RTX 2060 Super, ASUS ROG Maximus Hero Z490, and 32GB Corsair RAM.

Your new rig will run MS2020 very well also . :):)

John

3 hours ago, CZZ said:

John:

There seem to be so many issues & omissions with MSFS that I plan to stay with P3D v5 HF2 with the True Earth series for about a year, and then evaluate MSFS.

My experience with MS2020 has been issue free , the live WX and the visuals are amazing . I did a flight from Oslo to Bergen 

last night and it was one of my best Sim flights in ages .  Anyway just my experience , I know others have had issues . 

John 

14 hours ago, CZZ said:

John:

There seem to be so many issues & omissions with MSFS that I plan to stay with P3D v5 HF2 with the True Earth series for about a year, and then evaluate MSFS.

I think there are less issues and omissions with MSFS than there are with P3d5 what I have heard. 

On 9/6/2020 at 1:38 PM, JohnE77 said:

I was waiting forever for TE Florida to come out. But now that mfs has been released I think I’ll pass. Almost all major cities in FL are 3d in mfs.

But I hope Orbx releases KEYW and other airports in FL for mfs (in addition to their upcoming KPBI).

We’ll see

For myself, P3D can and will be preserved and used alongside MSFS, if for the very fact that there is little to no water masking as was promoted on the teaser releases. No water effects/water disturbance from water taxi, taking off, or landing, killing immersion.  Nobody knows how long that will be before it shows up in MSFS. Stuff like that.  TE. Florida has no running defects seen.  Roads remain coherent and intact.  No blurries low, or high...at 160 knots and greater.  At 5,000 ASL, the textures across the State look tight and almost 3D.  For the price right now...it's (in my personal opinion) a good catch.  If you like water operations....the State of Florida is right up there, for coves, inlets, shallow water, reefs...and that is the primary reason I purchased it...for my Amphibian flight operations.  For the 'truest' real world visuals....yep,  one fires up MSFS if the user has both. If not...and only P3D...I highly recommend T.E. Florida for that reason alone.  The first T.E. product that has no visual and running issues at all.  You load, you fly...you enjoy and have fun.  Not sitting there with a scowl upon one's face... ;)

18 hours ago, wolfko said:

I think there are less issues and omissions with MSFS than there are with P3d5 what I have heard. 

I don't have issues at all with P3D v5HF2.  What are these issues?  T.E. Florida runs like a champ inside of it....no blurs, no stutters, no demorphing of textures. None of the prior.

On 9/6/2020 at 4:47 PM, W2DR said:

It's not bad at all, Doug...for being a P3D product.  It looks like a P3D product.  Works like a charm, the State across.

Can anyone confirm if this includes the update/upgrade to KMCO that was previously only in the Orlando Cityscape?  I’d love to get this as I fly for a VA where I spend suite a bit of time in FL.  I’ve got LVFR KFLL, KRSW along with FT KTPA and I’m anxiously awaiting the KPBI release from Orbx (PBI is my yearly “vacation airport” so having cruddy old FSX scenery where the jetways don’t show up kind of stinks)    I’ve also been waiting for another developer to release KMCO for P3D V5 (it’s “compatible” with hacks apparently ) but if this has enough of an update I’d love to grab it and have something better than default KMCO. 

2 hours ago, FBWFTW said:

Can anyone confirm if this includes the update/upgrade to KMCO that was previously only in the Orlando Cityscape?  I’d love to get this as I fly for a VA where I spend suite a bit of time in FL.  I’ve got LVFR KFLL, KRSW along with FT KTPA and I’m anxiously awaiting the KPBI release from Orbx (PBI is my yearly “vacation airport” so having cruddy old FSX scenery where the jetways don’t show up kind of stinks)    I’ve also been waiting for another developer to release KMCO for P3D V5 (it’s “compatible” with hacks apparently ) but if this has enough of an update I’d love to grab it and have something better than default KMCO. 

The KMCO in Cityscape is not in True Earth Florida but a new version has been done with revised parking and taxiways to match the underlying photoreal terrain. The parking matches current Jeppesen charts.  I think the water masks around the airport are very good and the version in True Earth is on par with the Cityscape Version. I can't comment on compatibility with 3rd party airports although some of the beta testers seemed to think they would work (perhaps with the area around the airports disabled. I am sure that once True Earth has been available for a while most of the 3rd party airports will be made compatible or a solution will be found. Also please note that all the operational airports in the scenery have been upgraded.

Larry

4 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I don't have issues at all with P3D v5HF2.  What are these issues?  T.E. Florida runs like a champ inside of it....no blurs, no stutters, no demorphing of textures. None of the prior.

I do not have P3d installed (I moved to XP more than a year ago), that's why I wrote "what I have heard".

The internet forums are full with posts of P3d5 users complaining and asking for help.

But since I'm not interested in this sim any more I do not read these posts in detail merely the titels of the topics, so I can't tell you what the exactly the problems are.

PS: I am not talking about problems with Orbx products in P3d but with the sim itself.

5 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

For myself, P3D can and will be preserved and used alongside MSFS, if for the very fact that there is little to no water masking as was promoted on the teaser releases. No water effects/water disturbance from water taxi, taking off, or landing, killing immersion.  

It is absolutely not true that there is only little to  no water masking. E. g. set the winds to higher speeds and you will see those stunning wave effects with white foam on waves just like it was shown in the preview videos.

I have not seen any teaser video showing an amphibian causing any water effect. There have been many, many videos of beta testers out there, where one could clearly see, that there will be no water effects caused by the included amphibian. You got what was promoted in teaser videos.

So you really cannot blame MS/Asobo fo deceiving.

5 hours ago, wolfko said:

It is absolutely not true that there is only little to  no water masking. E. g. set the winds to higher speeds and you will see those stunning wave effects with white foam on waves just like it was shown in the preview videos.

I have not seen any teaser video showing an amphibian causing any water effect. There have been many, many videos of beta testers out there, where one could clearly see, that there will be no water effects caused by the included amphibian. You got what was promoted in teaser videos.

So you really cannot blame MS/Asobo fo deceiving.

Not wave fleck...shallow water color maps...reefs...was there in promo's..but  show me now, where...point me to any island chain, that has even a midge of reef and shallow color/coral. Take me to a place on the Great Barrier Reef in MSFS...and I will look myself.   Until then, my viewpoint stands.  TE Florida has great water masking, shallows...etc in P3D.  Partly why I went for it. Again,  please point out any coordinates where there are clear shallow and coral...seas....until then,  P3D v5HF2 ROCKS for real water interaction and depiction, upon nVidia WaterWorks v2.0 oceans and other water ways.   So...P3D "ain't" going anywhere off my system to date.  If you have MSFS for fabulous VFR and P3D v5HF2,  baby, you are fully covered....!  All flight op's and expectations can be met.  My 16 cents...:)

6 hours ago, larryisenor said:

The KMCO in Cityscape is not in True Earth Florida but a new version has been done with revised parking and taxiways to match the underlying photoreal terrain. The parking matches current Jeppesen charts.  I think the water masks around the airport are very good and the version in True Earth is on par with the Cityscape Version. I can't comment on compatibility with 3rd party airports although some of the beta testers seemed to think they would work (perhaps with the area around the airports disabled. I am sure that once True Earth has been available for a while most of the 3rd party airports will be made compatible or a solution will be found. Also please note that all the operational airports in the scenery have been upgraded.

Larry

Thanks so much for the answer Larry.  Wanted to grab this during the sale.  Can’t wait for KPBI!  It literally can’t get here fast enough for me so I can do my favorite flight (JBU721 KBOS-KPBI) 

On 9/8/2020 at 3:44 PM, Orbx Flyer said:

Not wave fleck...shallow water color maps...reefs...was there in promo's..but  show me now, where...point me to any island chain, that has even a midge of reef and shallow color/coral. Take me to a place on the Great Barrier Reef in MSFS...and I will look myself.   Until then, my viewpoint stands.  TE Florida has great water masking, shallows...etc in P3D.  Partly why I went for it. Again,  please point out any coordinates where there are clear shallow and coral...seas....until then,  P3D v5HF2 ROCKS for real water interaction and depiction, upon nVidia WaterWorks v2.0 oceans and other water ways.   So...P3D "ain't" going anywhere off my system to date.  If you have MSFS for fabulous VFR and P3D v5HF2,  baby, you are fully covered....!  All flight op's and expectations can be met.  My 16 cents...:)

In MSFS you will find loads of stunning shallow lagoons with reefs etc. in the South Pacific., e. g.100 of Islands in French Polynesia, Fiji, etc. Accidently I just did a flight over the lagoon of Aitutaki (Cook Islands) and did a few quick screenies for you. There are muc better eyamples of shallow lagoons in the sim, but I think the pics show that it is not entirely true what you say. Please note that the settings these shots are not even "Ultra" but only "High" and the screen resolution is only 1920 x 1080. Of course the scenery would even look much better in a video, where the quite stunning effects of the "moving" waters coul be seen.

166817119_MSFSAIT3.thumb.jpg.adc25af83d0aa371ceb09d7b17114f57.jpg1666429356_MSFSAIT4.thumb.jpg.286f72c0849579a81cbe591cd6caac39.jpg733815639_MSFSAIT.thumb.jpg.34592ef2af32aec74ec766e60471f4df.jpg608770323_MSFSAIT2.thumb.jpg.07cf0531dfeef57cd0041546cde21471.jpg

Archived