MSFS has great potential

aero-3fsx

3 minutes ago, perohijo said:

It is probably your stream or PC because I have been flying around California with 42 FRS and I love it! I didn't even have to do anything on my peripherals, and I love the real weather. Listen guys, I notice here everyone complaining more than anything else about the sim, but the truth is that I wasn't even expecting a new version of a sim from Microsoft, let alone something this cool. I am very grateful I can enjoy views as close to reality as this sim provides, and I have no problem waiting for updates. In my opinion, even with all the add ons, no other sim will come even close when MSFS is updated. Is just a matter of time but I do have full confidence it will get there. 

No, that is not the case. My stream (my bandwidth on my flight PC averages 722.09 Mbps), PC and FRS are all very great. I am no PC tech idiot, trust me. It is simply not a ready for prime time player yet. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FS2020 is a new beginning IMHO, yes its a bit rough around the edges just now, this is how it happens in most major release software in the leisure industry ... and whilst I agree that's not a perfect situation, neither is life, especially just now in trying to release software in a global pandemic.

Bought most of Microsoft and Lockheed Martin flight simulators on day one and none were perfect on release, some peoples complaints I see here is a bit like expecting to jump in the deep end of a swimmimg pool and not knowing how deep it was ... you temper your expectations and make the most of what you have and what is attainable at any given time, while providing realistic feedback while you can ... if you can.

FSX on release day especially was raw, extremely raw for even the highest end enthusiast PC's of time of its release, but we grew and accepted it. Service packs 1 and 2 fixed a lot and acceleration pack as well with more content ... and not to mention a multitude of third party developers Orbx and more helped fine tune it too ... this is how it works unfortunately! ... MS/Asobo have learnt the mistakes from MS Flight and third partys are on board again, this sim is going to be around for the long haul and will mature with age like a fine wine ... I'm very sure about that. Its a much bigger investment than MS Flight was for them, MS have got serious again, especially with dual platform X-Box stuff and no real major sacrifice's to platform play like we saw with MS Flight.

MS FS 2020 has all the hooks in it to make as deep as we want for the PC and they released the PC version first, things could have been worse if it was Console first and then PC.

This sim has so much we have been screaming for, for years, sloped runways and much more, then when it arrives certain minority's of the community still like to moan its not perfect on day one :(

I guess some folk want it all and they want it now, that's never happened and never will.

FS2020 out of the box on an appropriate Flight Simmer PC rig runs remarkably well and smooth and the best is yet to come.

8 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

No, that is not the case. My stream (my bandwidth on my flight PC averages 722.09 Mbps), PC and FRS are all very great. I am no PC tech idiot, trust me. It is simply not a ready for prime time player yet. 

I disagree and so would many more ... apparently FS2020 has sold in excess of a million copies already. Its setting records for best selling GA flight simulator they have ever done in early weeks and that is good news on the general gaming forum I visit, GA Flight simming was never heard of, now this sim is amongst the hottest topic there each day and getting more and more people into this style of computer flying ... utterly amazing! Never seen this before and it can only be a good thing.

Put it on the shelf and come back later if you like my friend, but this is the future for foreseeable GA simulation I think :)

I'm done with X-Plane now, keeping P3Dv5 on for a while, even FSX for nostalgia mission flights .. but I've seen the light, seen the future, its FS2020 :)

1 hour ago, B12 said:

I disagree and so would many more ... apparently FS2020 has sold in excess of a million copies already. Its setting records for best selling GA flight simulator they have ever done in early weeks and that is good news on the general gaming forum I visit, GA Flight simming was never heard of, now this sim is amongst the hottest topic there each day and getting more and more people into this style of computer flying ... utterly amazing! Never seen this before and it can only be a good thing.

Put it on the shelf and come back later if you like my friend, but this is the future for foreseeable GA simulation I think :)

I'm done with X-Plane now, keeping P3Dv5 on for a while, even FSX for nostalgia mission flights .. but I've seen the light, seen the future, its FS2020 :)

Look, you are definitely entitled to you opinion and I am to mine. I have already put MSFS 2020 on the shelf, and there it will stay for a bit until I see how much it improves in the future. But, it just is not for me, regardless if over a million others are enjoying it. That does not mean I MUST look past the deficiencies and MUST enjoy it because others are telling me it is great. I said what I do not like about MSFS 2020 and that is my opinion. Nobody has to agree with me, but that does not mean I must agree with all those who are happy with it either. If it works for you and you are happy, then that is all that matters. Nobody can come take away my P3Dv 4.5 and add-on software, so I am free to enjoy that sim as much as you are to enjoy MSFS 2020. Go have fun and fly :) 

12 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

Look, you are definitely entitled to you opinion and I am to mine. I have already put MSFS 2020 on the shelf, and there it will stay for a bit until I see how much it improves in the future. But, it just is not for me, regardless if over a million others are enjoying it. That does not mean I MUST look past the deficiencies and MUST enjoy it because others are telling me it is great. I said what I do not like about MSFS 2020 and that is my opinion. Nobody has to agree with me, but that does not mean I must agree with all those who are happy with it either. If it works for you and you are happy, then that is all that matters. Nobody can come take away my P3Dv 4.5 and add-on software, so I am free to enjoy that sim as much as you are to enjoy MSFS 2020. Go have fun and fly :) 

OK Sniper, but earlier in thread you made a sort of statement of fact that FS2020 ... and I quote ...

It is simply not a ready for prime time player yet.

While hundreds of thousands are enjoying the sim and patiently waiting its evolution, this Flight simulator is in its beginning, please give it a chance ... you mention you fly P3D v 4.5, something tell me you do not like anything new, P3D v 5.1 is bad too?

Have fun, hope you join the FS2020 community when you are ready.

13 hours ago, wolfko said:

@Mawson

:DeadHorse:

PS: It was ever ever anywhere stated, that MSFS will have helis, gliders or fast military jets out of the box or that it would be VR ready. So it can't be a failure in this regards.

I never said that was the case,  what I said was you are mistaken if you think everyone values things the same way as you. I certainly don't value things like you do  but you missed that point,  so try and be accurate in your comprehension of written English please. 

3 minutes ago, B12 said:

OK Sniper, but earlier in thread you made a sort of statement of fact that FS2020 ... and I quote ...

While hundreds of thousands are enjoying the sim and patiently waiting its evolution, this Flight simulator is in its beginning, please give it a chance ... you mention you fly P3D v 4.5, something tell me you do not like anything new, P3D v 5.1 is bad too?

Have fun, hope you join the FS2020 community when you are ready.

I said in my last post that I will give MSFS 2020 another try in the future so long as the updates are good. And, yes, I do like new things. I currently am enjoying P3D v 4.5 HF3, but before I even tried HF3, and before MSFS 2020 came out, I purchased P3D v5 on day one. I think it has some great potential, as I think the same of MSFS 2020. BUT, I get more enjoyment out of P3Dv 4.5 HF3 right now. Why? Because I LOVE A2A planes and all of my A2A aircraft work great in P3D 4.5. Also, I own TONS of Orbx scenery, and out of all the sims, from FSX to X-Plane, to all versions of P3D, and MSFS 2020, P3D 4.5 allows me to use the most Orbx scenery of all of those. 

My system is an i9 9900k custom built system with an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra SC, Z390 MB, 32Gb of DDR 4000 RAM, several SSD's and a Samsung M.2 NVMe 1 TB SSD, but I suppose that is not 'new' enough for you to consider that I DO like 'new things'. For that matter, I guess in order to enjoy something, it must be new? Odd way to look at things ;) 

51 minutes ago, Sniper31 said:

I said in my last post that I will give MSFS 2020 another try in the future so long as the updates are good. And, yes, I do like new things. I currently am enjoying P3D v 4.5 HF3, but before I even tried HF3, and before MSFS 2020 came out, I purchased P3D v5 on day one. I think it has some great potential, as I think the same of MSFS 2020. BUT, I get more enjoyment out of P3Dv 4.5 HF3 right now. Why? Because I LOVE A2A planes and all of my A2A aircraft work great in P3D 4.5. Also, I own TONS of Orbx scenery, and out of all the sims, from FSX to X-Plane, to all versions of P3D, and MSFS 2020, P3D 4.5 allows me to use the most Orbx scenery of all of those. 

My system is an i9 9900k custom built system with an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra SC, Z390 MB, 32Gb of DDR 4000 RAM, several SSD's and a Samsung M.2 NVMe 1 TB SSD, but I suppose that is not 'new' enough for you to consider that I DO like 'new things'. For that matter, I guess in order to enjoy something, it must be new? Odd way to look at things ;) 

I agree with you but you may as well be speaking to a brick wall as it seems people smitten by MSFS 2020 can't see any failings or can't comprehend it is not ready to meet what other people want. MSFS 2020 is a great start but I'm shelving it for 12 months as its not meeting the fidelity of the functions I like in a sim compared to the other sims on offer other than spectacular scenery for 5000ft. 

Archived