Now is the winter of our discontent

Adam Banks

"Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;"
(from Richard III)

It's winter here in NZ, so I thought I'd impose it on all the Tykes in Leeds! Orbx Leeds/Bradford in MSFS 2020:

ORBX-Leeds-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

The shot below doesn't really do justice to the sim. The grass moves - and the raindrops cause little water-spouts when they hit the puddle. Amazing!!
ORBX-Leeds-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

ORBX-Leeds-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

ORBX-Leeds-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

1 hour ago, Adam Banks said:

"Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;"
(from Richard III)

It's winter here in NZ, so I thought I'd impose it on all the Tykes in Leeds! Orbx Leeds/Bradford in MSFS 2020:

ORBX-Leeds-01-1350.jpg?dl=1

The shot below doesn't really do justice to the sim. The grass moves - and the raindrops cause little water-spouts when they hit the puddle. Amazing!!
ORBX-Leeds-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

ORBX-Leeds-04-1350.jpg?dl=1

ORBX-Leeds-03-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

These are brilliant !

My biggest problem with Orbx and MS2020 is that I never fly anywhere:)

"The shot below doesn't really do justice to the sim. The grass moves - and the raindrops cause little water-spouts when they hit the puddle. Amazing!! "

I get so fascinated by just watching things like grass moving and water droplets falling  that I never move on :rolleyes:

Does this mean that I am doomed to a lifetime of fascination with the littlest things ?
Is there rehab available - a healthy dose of P3D or XPlane perhaps?

Cheers &  really well done
Pete

1 hour ago, Dario said:

Lovely shots, Adam! Super photo realistic. May I ask if you’re running in Medium, High, or Ultra settings? Are you getting over 30 FPS with airliners in big airports? Thanks and best regards! 

Thanks! I'm running with every slider maxed out (as per usual LOL!). To be honest, I don't even monitor the framerates. I suspect it's around 30 around the airports, but it's all pretty smooth.

I sometimes dive into developer mode to see what's going on, but I'm not really that bothered if the sim performs well.

BTW: my specs are in my signature.

10 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Thanks! I'm running with every slider maxed out (as per usual LOL!). To be honest, I don't even monitor the framerates. I suspect it's around 30 around the airports, but it's all pretty smooth.

I sometimes dive into developer mode to see what's going on, but I'm not really that bothered if the sim performs well.

BTW: my specs are in my signature.

Thank you very much for your response, Adam! For me it generally performs well, just struggles with airliners in big airports. For GA flying, generally it’s ok (not as smooth as XP11, though.,,) 

Regards,

Dario 

Archived